Cache Contents List

inspectorgadget

How about a view on each cache page that includes a list of the contents of each cache?

You could have an option where with each cache log entry the geocacher can check off what they took and add what they added.

In the case where the geocacher doesn't go to the trouble-- then I guess the owner of the geocache would have to do that.

--Inspector Gadget

Personally I love this idea, it is fun keeping track of what we trade for, and also later on seeing that someone liked one of our trinkets well enough to take it. Also a list of contents may highlight lucrative caches to hunt... those containing an item of interest to one of our hobbies, for example. Or the reverse... don't take a kid to hunt a cache that has no toys in it, etc.

Unfortunately, I highly doubt whether such a feature would actually work, based on experience. We can't even expect people to log travel bugs accurately, much less trinket exchanges. Next, many people enter a physical logbook note but do not log finds on the website. And finally, especially after a long day with multiple cache hunts, many people forget what they may have taken from a particular cache! It all does blur together after awhile. We jot down the details on the cache sheet while we are entering the same info. in our logbook entry. Now if I only had one of those handheld photocopiers...

But a great idea, inspectorgadget. Maybe it might work better in members-only caches?

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-

"Daddy, are we there yet? No, .17 to go. Are we there yet? No, .16 to go....."

I have a suggestion for you... make a separate geocaching page for your personal website, and keep a table of all of your trades. Maybe even a note if you really liked the cache.

I bet within a week you'd quit updating it. icon_smile.gif

> Martin (Magellan 330)

Don't have time to program and record your shows while geocaching? Get a TiVo!

I have a suggestion for you... make a separate geocaching page for your personal website, and keep a table of all of your trades. Maybe even a note if you really liked the cache.

I bet within a week you'd quit updating it. icon_smile.gif

> Martin (Magellan 330)

Don't have time to program and record your shows while geocaching? Get a TiVo!

Yes, and can you imagine the increase in plundering? I can see it now, some jerk's eyes open up when there are lists of locations and the exact items at those locations.

Then at least he would not be wasting his fuel and time involved to locate the cache and retreive just what he had been looking for. Now it would be so much easier than just going to the store with a $10 bill and buying the stuff for himself. icon_wink.gif

So for that reason I would not want it to be part of the system, but you can post them on your own site like martinp13 said.

Never date a girl whose father calls her princess - chances are she beleives it.

Yes, and can you imagine the increase in plundering? I can see it now, some jerk's eyes open up when there are lists of locations and the exact items at those locations.

Then at least he would not be wasting his fuel and time involved to locate the cache and retreive just what he had been looking for. Now it would be so much easier than just going to the store with a $10 bill and buying the stuff for himself. icon_wink.gif

So for that reason I would not want it to be part of the system, but you can post them on your own site like martinp13 said.

Never date a girl whose father calls her princess - chances are she beleives it.