Android Tablet and downloading caches..possible?

I recently received a cheepo Android tablet (Coby) and was wondering if there were any ways to download caches on to it (same as how I do with my browser and the Garmin Communicator plugin).

I'm going to an event that will have free wi-fi and would like to hook up my Garmin Oregon to my tablet and download caches right to the device.

In looking around elsewhere I didn't have to much luck, but I was hoping maybe one of the more technology savvy out there came up with a solution?

I'm not sure which model you have, but if it has a microSD card slot you are in business. There are third-party free apps that you may need though.

If you want to just click on the Send to My GPS button and have it write to your GPS, you are out of luck because there is no Garmin Communicator plugin written for Android. Instead, you will have to use the GPX File button. This will write a gpx file to your tablet, and then you will have to cut and paste that file (which is basically a one-cache pocket query) to the microSD card from the Oregon, by putting the card in the slot of the tablet. If your tablet doesn't have a decent file manager on it that allows you to do that, try ASTRO File Manager. It's free. This process takes a while, but it works.

For full pocket queries, it depends on what email system you are using. You need to be able to save email attachments. There are several free apps out there for that, but I don't remember what my tablet has installed for this (search the app store for "email attachments"). Since the gpx file comes zipped, you can get the AndroZip app to unzip the pocket query that Groundspeak sends to you. Then you copy and paste the gpx file to your microSD card like above.

It's a round-a-bout way of doing it, but it works. Good luck.

Or you can get an adapter like Styk mentioned above, although I've heard that many tablets that have mini or micro USB ports aren't able to act as the USB host, so that may not work. My Thrive tablet has a full size USB port that works great with my Oregon.

Edited by StarDoc

Thanks for the quick replies guys!

I'm embarrassed to say that money for me is really tight, so I do not have a premium membership so I'll be forced to find a free solution for my free tablet :(

I have the coby kyros mid7012 it does have a USB 2.0 port. I "splurged" and recently bought a cable to connect the tablet to my Oregon, which of course I then discovered wouldn't be a simple as sending the caches to the device like I do on my PC.

Anyway to do this with a regular membership?