Feet into iPhone

Weatherkid11

I am working on a mystery cache, and the puzzle solves to "Go 1700 ft west, and 2000 ft south from where you are standing for the next clue". I changed the numbers around just in case anyone is looking for the same one. Anyway, how do I even enter this in from the location I'm standing? How would I convert this to a new waypoint in Lat/Long? If anyone knows how to do this, please help. I've had one before where it says "these are your new coordinates", and it gives me the actual lat/long, which I know how to enter in as a waypoint on my iPhone Geocaching app. Feet, however, I have no clue :(

I am working on a mystery cache, and the puzzle solves to "Go 1700 ft west, and 2000 ft south from where you are standing for the next clue". I changed the numbers around just in case anyone is looking for the same one. Anyway, how do I even enter this in from the location I'm standing? How would I convert this to a new waypoint in Lat/Long? If anyone knows how to do this, please help. I've had one before where it says "these are your new coordinates", and it gives me the actual lat/long, which I know how to enter in as a waypoint on my iPhone Geocaching app. Feet, however, I have no clue :(

You can install the Geocaching Toolkit from the App Store. The Geocaching Toolkit is a great app for projecting waypoints using the iPhone.

You can install the Geocaching Toolkit from the App Store. The Geocaching Toolkit is a great app for projecting waypoints using the iPhone.

Thank you, you are awesome! I was about ready to bring my calculator with me and do some cos calculations

Thank you, you are awesome! I was about ready to bring my calculator with me and do some cos calculations

Hmm..it doesn't show you how to enter a certain amout of feet west or east, and north or south from your location. Unless I can't find it on here

Hmm..it doesn't show you how to enter a certain amout of feet west or east, and north or south from your location. Unless I can't find it on here

Nevermind - found it. I just have to enter in the Bearing degrees as the direction, and then the feet below. Thanks again!!