CA: Caches for adoption in Sierra foothills

hydnsek

In recent months, our community has lost both members of Puppers, aka Bob Newell and Cristy Johnson. The Puppers lived in Washington State, but they had a family cabin in California, in the Sierra foothills near Little Grass Valley Reservoir (NE of Oroville).

They left behind 27 active caches, 11 of them in vicinity of their California cabin. I am arranging adoptions/archivals on behalf of Cristy's family, so am looking for cachers in California who are interested in adopting one or more of the 11 caches, or willing to retrieve them if they have to be archived (hey, I live in Washington).

You can see the active California caches on the Puppers profile, but here are a few to orient you:

I love Little Grass: Peninsula (+ several others around the lake)

Bald Mountain

Pilot Peak Lookout

Slate Creek Cache

Feather Fork Cache

All 16 of their Washington caches were quickly adopted (by several different folks), and I hope I can find some equally interested California cachers.

Please post here or PM/email me if you are interested. On behalf of Puppers' family, thanks!

Abby / hydnsek

In recent months, our community has lost both members of Puppers, aka Bob Newell and Cristy Johnson. The Puppers lived in Washington State, but they had a family cabin in California, in the Sierra foothills near Little Grass Valley Reservoir (NE of Oroville).

They left behind 27 active caches, 11 of them in vicinity of their California cabin. I am arranging adoptions/archivals on behalf of Cristy's family, so am looking for cachers in California who are interested in adopting one or more of the 11 caches, or willing to retrieve them if they have to be archived (hey, I live in Washington).

You can see the active California caches on the Puppers profile, but here are a few to orient you:

I love Little Grass: Peninsula (+ several others around the lake)

Bald Mountain

Pilot Peak Lookout

Slate Creek Cache

Feather Fork Cache

All 16 of their Washington caches were quickly adopted (by several different folks), and I hope I can find some equally interested California cachers.

Please post here or PM/email me if you are interested. On behalf of Puppers' family, thanks!

Abby / hydnsek

I forwarded this to a couple of active cachers I know of who are up in that area. Hope it helps. Sad story.