Nigerian scam?

I just received this from Groundspeak to my email address:

"Hello,

complement of the day,I am JOY,a kind responsible and humble sweet girl from Africa,i saw your profile here Groundspeak.com and like it.Please reply back at (joyraymond1@live.com) for full introduction of my self,and to send you my pictures.please do not let distance race, or color be barrier for relationship i will love to hear from you soon

JOY.

User's Profile:

http://coord.info/PR6M2Z4"

Joy has been a member since yesterday and has not found any Geocaches yet, she's probably being humble and sweet instead. Now I know I'm a sex god but I'm surprised that Joy has been able to figure this out from my profile.

I have a nasty feeling that instead of being a sweet humble girl she's a 15 stone bloke built like a prop forward who's after my money. Be careful out there......

I think you should immediately reply with details of your recent cache finds and some photgraphs of cunning hides. Ask her if she likes micros or ammo cans best. Discuss the best hand-held gadgets. Get some in-depth research done first before committing yourself to anything binding like exchanging trackables...

MrsB :D

That mail pretty much looks like a generic romance scam (you may still be a sex god though).

You might be even be better of with the 15 stone bloke. Around here there is a form form of the scam where the humble girl actually comes to marry the victim and have a child ASAP. It often ends with getting turned in to the police for domestic violence, have a divorce and having the pleasure to pay for support.

Personally I would wait until she has at least 50 finds and one or two hides to prove that she really is committed.

I just received this from Groundspeak to my email address:

"Hello,

complement of the day,I am JOY,a kind responsible and humble sweet girl from Africa,i saw your profile here Groundspeak.com and like it.Please reply back at (joyraymond1@live.com) for full introduction of my self,and to send you my pictures.please do not let distance race, or color be barrier for relationship i will love to hear from you soon

JOY.

User's Profile:

http://coord.info/PR6M2Z4"

Joy has been a member since yesterday and has not found any Geocaches yet, she's probably being humble and sweet instead. Now I know I'm a sex god but I'm surprised that Joy has been able to figure this out from my profile.

I have a nasty feeling that instead of being a sweet humble girl she's a 15 stone bloke built like a prop forward who's after my money. Be careful out there......

Yeah, I got the same one yesterday:

http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showtopic=294007&view=findpost&p=5023095

I guess we are not that special (although, at least in my case, Susancycle thinks I am :D )

I think you should immediately reply with details of your recent cache finds and some photgraphs of cunning hides. Ask her if she likes micros or ammo cans best. Discuss the best hand-held gadgets. Get some in-depth research done first before committing yourself to anything binding like exchanging trackables...

MrsB :D

Awesome!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

please do not let distance race, or color be barrier for relationship i will love to hear from you soon

I am sorry Joy. Whilst race or distance does not worry me, your inability to capitalise or spell 'colour' correctly would inevitably drive a wedge between us making any long-term relationship impossible.

I wish you well and hope that you soon find your gullible life partner who won't be too disappointed when he inevitably finds out, after forwarding money for a series of likely-sounding excuses (Cannot leave while your Mother needs expensive medical care, you cannot afford the export visas or your cat needs new booties) that you only exist in the mind of a chain-smoking fraudster.

You could have fun stringing her/him along - like in this marvellous story.

Just read the full story.....very funny!

Me too. It took me about an hour but it was worth it. About half way through, I actually found myself feeling sorry for Joe and had to give myself a short, sharp reality check :shocked: . The questions on the form at the end are very very funny.

The funniest part is when the 'webmaster' at the linked site asks for donations to support it!

If you enjoyed reading this, please consider supporting out site.

Wonder how many gullibles reading about a scam were willing to send the 'webmaster' their money? :blink: