NEW GEOCOIN

EyeD10T

A little over a month ago, I posted a draft of a coin that I was thinking of doing. I didnt get a lot of feedback, but from the feedback I did get half of the responders liked the coin and half didn't care for it. I also had some mixed feelings about the art...something about it just wasn't right.

I started brainstorming, trying to figure out what it was that I needed to change, and along the way I decided what I wanted to do. I wanted to ensure this coin was more geared toward Geocaching than some of my others have been. Since the "1st International Earthcaching mega event" will be held this year, I decided on picking Earthcaching as the theme.

38d75ac3-db08-4ef1-aa80-e60447775d44.jpg?rnd=0.8730694

"Earthcaching - A whole new way to see your world" - This phrase not only speaks for the wonderful things you can see and learn when you are out Earthcaching, but also is a reference to the new way you can view the world when you view the world through the coin.

The design is basically the same as the original design, but I did make changes in the colors. Also in the middle of the front of the coin there is a representation of the globe covered by a single leaf. The meaning of the art is open to interpretation, but what I was trying to convey was that it is important to remember that the preservation of nature is essential for the earths survival.

The cost for the samples were pretty expensive, so I only had 2 made (the ones represented in the art). I had to get 2 of each version so I will have a total of 4 samples. At this point I am really up in the air on what I will be doing with these. I may change the colors and if there is enough interest, I may have other versions made.

To help me decide what to do, I would appreciate any ideas, suggestions, constructive criticisms, etc.; that you may have.

Have a great day all! :)

Hi

You must seek and obtain permission to use the names EarthCache and EarthCaching and any associated logos/icons as they are the trademarks of the Geological Society of America.

Geoaware

Thanks for the heads up - I wasnt aware. I will ask that this thread be closed until I seek the appropriate permissions.