How do i change the Time Zone

rockandroll_acdc

I looked around and couldn't find anything. But, How do you change the time zone for this forum? Every thing many hours behind

It is Pacific Time where the servers are, why would you want to change it?

If you really really must match up with it, set your computer to Pacific Time..... but then that does make for other problems, eh?

ETA: Guess it just never bothered us....

Edited by Gitchee-Gummee

Up at the top right corner of the Forum, click your username. A drop down box will appear, choose "My Settings". The time zone setup is there. Choose your timezone and click "Save Settings". You "might" have to log out and log back into the forum for the changes to appear.

I am not sure the time zone adjustment is working, or else the server is set to the wrong time. Given that I live in the UK, I set my timezone to GMT (London, Dublin etc..) together with daylight saving time, but underneath it helpfully says "The time (including your current adjustment) is: 19 April 2012 - 02:16 PM" - and the actual time was 22:16 or 10:16 PM in old notation.

Postscript: the post is timed at 09:20 something PM suggesting that the timezone gets respected but not the daylight savings checkbox. Which poses another question: does the forum take into account the different daylight saving start and end dates in Europe and North America?

Edited by and1969

I am not sure the time zone adjustment is working, or else the server is set to the wrong time.

Mine has always shown the correct time, likely because I'm in the Pacific time zone and never had to change anything. In the interest of testing some things, I just tried switching to some different time zones to see what time it showed. When I set it to GMT, I got the same result as you. When I switched it back to Pacific time, it was now out by an hour! I've got it back to exactly the same settings I had before, and it now shows a different (and incorrect) time. When I unticked the "DST Correction" box and manually told it "Currently in DST?", the correct time is now shown. There's definitely something wrong with the automatic DST correction.

With the Pacific timezone selected, and "DST Correction" selected, the time shown is 1 hour behind (ie. it says it's 1:30 when it's actually 2:30).

When I set it to GMT, I got the same result as you. When I switched it back to Pacific time, it was now out by an hour! I've got it back to exactly the same settings I had before, and it now shows a different (and incorrect) time. When I unticked the "DST Correction" box and manually told it "Currently in DST?", the correct time is now shown. There's definitely something wrong with the automatic DST correction.

With the Pacific timezone selected, and "DST Correction" selected, the time shown is 1 hour behind (ie. it says it's 1:30 when it's actually 2:30).

I've just done that change and all is fine, many thanks.

I'm not sure what the problem could be, because European and US changeover dates are well publicised and haven't changed for the last few years. Whatever the cause, it is with the forum software rather than Groundspeak...

It is Pacific Time where the servers are, why would you want to change it?

If you really really must match up with it, set your computer to Pacific Time..... but then that does make for other problems, eh?

Changing the time zone adjusts the "Posted" time above every post to be relative to your time zone. This time doesn't really make a difference, but it's less confusing when you're looking at the time of a post and trying to think how many hours ago it was posted. The servers won't mind-- they are only servers.