COINTEST: Coining and Caching

Riley the GeoDog

Today is my Gotcha Day. Four years ago today Mom (LadyBee4t) brought me home to live with her and I have been pampered ever since. Mom likes me best because she told me and only me I could have a cointest. Molly's Gotcha Day was March 14 and Layla's is November 9 but I get to have the cointest. Woof Woof!

The prize will be an 11-11-11 coin from Michigan.

11-11-11.jpg

Here's what you have to do. I want to hear stories about your coining and caching adventures. Happy story, sad story or in between. It can be a story about you or from one of your caching friends. If it has a coin in it somewhere that is so much the better. BUT a new story. One that you haven't posted here before.

You can post three separate posts per calendar day. The cointest will end on April 22, 2012 at midnight EDT

Mom will use a random number generator to pick the winner..I still can't talk her into the cheese chunk method that Heineken and Logan used to use.

BONUS:

You will win one additional entry into the pot if you can say what the "sort of a milestone" was that Mom hit this past weekend.

One additional entry if you can say what Mom is going to do on Sunday so that the cointest can't end until late that night.

(She has the final say on what the answers are going to be for the bonus rounds.)

This means that you can post 12 separate stories and if your 2 guesses are correct you will have the potential of 14 entries. Any questions?

Let get to the storytelling......

Ok... here is a very new story...

On Monday we finally went out all together after the big health problem my mother had, and we also did some geocaching..

nothing much... only 2 caches that were close... but these were qute unique caches because... with them... I have 50 finds now! :D I know... this is a very very small number of finds.. but since I live on an island... I have no idea when I will go to 100 finds... it may take some years!!!

in one of the caches I discovered a WWII bunker, and on an other area... I found a 1 phening coin of the 1941 from the war! wow!!

in the cache.. I also found a banknote I didn't have! :D

ok... not a geocoin but... a banknote and a real coin... :laughing:

anyway... unfortunatelly it didn't end that good... as I steped on a very sharp piece of wood... that passed the sole of my athletic shoe, and hurt my foot! wow... my sister started feeling dizzy with all the blood that was coming from my foot...

the piece that hurt me... broke and my foot got stuck in the shoe and itwas so difficult to free it! but.. do not worry... everything went ok... nothing happent and I can walk... it was nothing serious and i continued geocaching!! I wanted desperate to find these 2 caches.. and I found them!!! :D

I hope we will go again soon... as I forgot to put the 2 things I wanted in one of the caches... but I have no idea if I can do that.. since I do not know how things will go with jobs etc plus that gas prices have gone over 2 euros per litre here! :(

I know it is not a very good strory but it is a start.. isn't it?

as for the bonuses...

1) was the milestone the number of the logged coins??

as for the second bonus... I believe that... your mother will not be able to be in the net and have a party at the same time.... so how about a birthday party????

she had her birthday on April 17th... but she might do a party or celebrate her birthday on Sunday... ;)

So.... except of your Happy Gotcha day.... I would like to tell to your mother... Happy Birthday LB!!! :D

Well let's see <_< This past weekend I co-host an event with a fairly new cacher (it was their 1st event) and boy was she ready. I mean she was there before me and I was 30 mins early and had all the trimmings, prizes etc. out. For a first timer she did great and really did need me at all. But that's not the whole story, it was after the event that the real fun began.

Four of us piled into my car and took off caching a series of caches with a mystery finish. While we were doing that we stopped to do a few of new caches from a very new player(s) the other two cachers that were with us accused me of being that new cacher(s) as my personal coin was found in one of the caches. I took the heat but the true was it was me & my co-host that set those caches; she just kept smiling all the time as the others gave me the gears. Little did they know that if they had used Rot 13 (-1) they would have had us both :D

Now Riley I've thought hard about the bonus and I've come to the same conclusion as my friend Gatoulis and I think your Mom turned 29 on her birthday this past weekend B)

My daughter and I went and found the oldest cache in Alberta a week ago. That's old news. But it was so exciting. It's in a park of fair porportions. I had wanted to turn two new travelbugs loose in the oldest and I believe second oldest cache. I did in the second oldest. Then we found out mud is as slippery or slipprier than ice. The park locks it's gates at 4:30. So we had to move parking. Drove around to a side range road and parked and decided to bushwhack and animal trail to one of the human trails. We found one, we found another, and DD says let's keep going for the oldest. Then I realize that my brand new tb is sitting in the vehicle. Cry. We went And found Strathcona Wilderness 1. What an awesome feeling. What should we find in it but our first ever Canada geocoin. That just makes it all the more special.

I think your Mom will be going on a caching run and knows she won't be back to late.

The milestone is her number of posts on message board.

this story has to do with the event I co-hosted here with my good friend eric07.

He was coming with his parents in Rhodes so we planed to make an event in a cafeteria here in Rhodes! this was going to be my second event.. all small ones of course.. but the first I was actually one of the hosts... so I was stressed... :) it was not something big... geocachers that were for vacations here would come to get to know eachother, talk, if they needed help in a cache here to try and help them...

most of the work was done by Eric who knew more... some days before the event... the time of the meeting had to be changed.. but later we found out that 4 cachers had been there in the old time... I am so sorry my friends! :(

When the day came.. eric send me a message that he was going to be a little late... oh... I was so stressed... not for anything else but ... I was wondering.. how I will find the cachers.. in a cafeteria full of people?? and how they will find me?? :laughing: I was wondering... shall I make a sign with geocaching symbols? but.. muggles would see me as an allien! :laughing:

well.. everything went just fine! :D i met some nice people and cachers and I hope they had fun too.. and great holidays in Rhodes! :)

Of course.. i still had the question in my mind.... how you recognize a cacher in a similar event... and this was becoming bigger.. when.. eric came.. and later toehr cachers were coming straight to us!! but.. what is going on?? do we have a sign or something? do we smell differently?? :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

so... I asked..... hahahahahahahahaha the answer was so easy!!! i was so stupid!!! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

the cachers were searching for GPS on the tables!!! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

for the bonus...

maybe your mom is trying to beat her April find record... (56?), in consecutive days of caching...

The day started out like any other. We got out of bed and were having our morning coffee. I in one room, and the wife in another. After being married for so many years I knew better than to try to talk to her in the morning before she had finished her second cup. Definitely not a morning person.

After an hour or so I looked outside to see what kind of day we were going to be dealing with. It was the middle of January but there was very little snow on the ground. This had to be the most mild winter I could ever remember. The temps had dropped into the low twenties so it was quite cold and it had sprinkled a little so ice was prevalent. The skies were clear so the sun would be making its appearance soon. All in all, a perfect day to go caching.

Me: “What would you like to do today?”

Wife: “Don’t bother me. I just got up.”

I could have pointed out she had been up for some time, but I let it go. I went into the computer room and fired it up. While the wife prepared to meet the world, I planed out our caching day. I printed a map of the area we would be going to, so the wife could see which caches we would be going after. After breakfast, the wife finished getting ready and in a few hours, we were on our way.

The first cache we attempted was Robert Waldow. It was listed as a four and a half terrain. When I looked at the Google Maps it seemed to be on a large billboard. I had come with a long tool only to find it wasn't nearly long enough. The cache was a film canister stuck to the pole by a magnet in its bottom. According to the cache page Robert Waldow had grown to over eight feet tall when he passed away at twenty-two years of age. The theory was that he had placed the cache. Let me tell you, as high as the cache was on the metal pole holding up the billboard, Waldow would not have been able to reach it if he had kept growing and lived to be eighty.

Wife: “You’ll never reach it with the pole you brought. We might as well give up.”

Me: “Not so fast.”

I remembered I had a length of rope in our cache bag filled with various tools. So, there I was playing Buck Barry while the wife rolled her eyes. Around fifty or so years ago I had seen Buck Barry in person doing his rope tricks, so I was somewhat of an expert on the technique needed to be successful. To watch Buck all you need to do is make a loop in the rope and toss it at your target and voila, the loop, as though it had radar, always found its destination. How did he make it look so easy? Every throw I made was either too short or too far to the left. Once, I had my foot on the end of the rope. Another throw, my left hand did not let go in time. It was very frustrating. Try as I may, I had to admit the cache was in no danger of falling to the ground. The wife was getting very impatient with my futile efforts so she sat in the car to keep warm. After about fifty or sixty tosses, unexpectedly, by some miracle the rope found its way around the film canister. When it fell on the pavement it was time to celebrate.

Wife: "Stop acting like such a fool."

Me: "I told you I could do it. Roy Rogers has nothing on me."

Wife: "Okay smarty-pants, now put it back."

She always has a way to dampen my spirits. I hadn't thought of how to put it back. Out came the long tool. I found if I pushed gently and slowly, I could inch it back out of reach. I also found that if I tried to go more quickly the canister would fall back to the ground. After several tries I succeeded in placing it out of reach. Not as high as I found it, but adequate. Once the cache was back in place, we loaded back up and drove to our next conquest. While we drove I recounted my latest success. It may have been bragging but one needs to take advantage when one can. I was unaware Fate does not like excessive bragging and knows what to do about it. We had a TB in our possession for some time but the container was too small. It seems most caches are micros. The next one was supposed to be larger.

The next cache was called Rocky. It was placed in a cemetery. When we arrived at the GZ there was a wall made of broken concrete. The freezing temps after the rain and snow during the night added to the difficulty of finding the container. Any stones that may have been moveable were now frozen solid. I tried a few likely ones but they would not budge. Then I spotted one that had to be right. Of course it would not move either. Well, not to be deterred, I felt that maybe I just needed to be more forceful. So, using all my limited strength, I proceeded to strain the rock upwards. This was where Fate got even.

Have you ever been in the process of doing something when it struck you that it may not be the smartest thing to do? It is like using a drill to put a hole into a small piece of wood while holding the wood in the palm of your hand. Just before the bit breaks through the wood, your brain awakens just a tad too late to alert you there could be a problem. That is what happened to me at this cache. Not the drill part, that was another time, but the brain reacting a might too slowly. It makes me wonder if my brain just enjoys seeing me blunder and deliberately pulls these tricks one me. It does no good to point out it is at fault for the accident. My brain, like the wife, ignores anything I have to say.

So there I was straining with all my might trying to dislodge the stone. Too late, just as the rock broke free my brain warned me. “This will not end well”, it said. I almost got all of my digits out of harms way before the stone broke free. When I say almost, I mean one thumb was left behind to be a casualty. Have you ever smashed your thumb between two rocks? If you have, you will be able to relate to the pain I was feeling. Also, you need to take into account it was a very cold day. That magnifies the pain by tenfold.

Dropping the rock and grabbing my bloody thumb, I ran in circles grimacing until the throbbing started to subside. Then I fell to the ground squirming around like a fish out of water. I looked down to see the blood oozing from my thumb. The pain was just starting to be bearable. Then I was interrupted by a voice far off in the distance.

Wife: “Did you find it?”

Is it just me? Did that sound right to you? It wasn’t, “What happened? Are you alright? Here, let me help.” On the contrary, she showed no sympathy or concern for my well being whatsoever. I was so perturbed I almost forgot my extreme pain. To rub salt into my wound, she further ignored me and went to the crevice I had exposed and grabbed the cache.

The wife is not good at the sight of blood but after she signed the logbook she did get me a bandage. For some reason she keeps an ample supply in the car. I patched up the injury well enough to where I could function again without bleeding all over myself.

Me: “I can’t believe you got the cache before helping me.”

Wife: “I can’t believe you would do something so stupid. What were you thinking? Honestly, sometimes I think I‘m caching with a two year old.”

When she put it like that I didn’t have much of an argument. We were able to place the TB in the cache. My accident had shorten our caching day. I was in too much pain to continue and asked the wife to drive. As the she drove home I glared at her when she said…

Wife: “Wasn’t that fun?”

Did mom reach a caching milestone like 1000 finds?

I went on a cache run the other day to a cache called Let's Go Fly A Kite. It was located under a small set of bleachers on the top of a reclaimed landfill. There was absolutely nothing up there but the bleachers. Why I'm not too sure. Of course there was one car in the parking lot. I decided to just go for it. It wasn't in the first, second or even third place I looked and I ended up laying on my back on the ground looking for it. Finally I spied it and pried it out of it's hiding spot. It was a 35 mm film canister but it had a coin. The coin brought a big smile to my face. It was a Finnish flag coin and I am half Finnish. What better coin to find on the top of a hill with a strong wind blowing but a flag coin?

Bonus hint #1 Yes I had a birthday during the week but the "sort of a milestone" occurred on the weekend.

Bonus hint #2 I doubt I will go caching on Sunday since I don't need that day for my calendar date grid.

Great stories!!!

Is your milestone the 10 traditional cache hides? so they are nto event caches etc..??

Story now...

my first attent to an event!

a friend cacher that had come in Greece and we went for geocaching during his Birthday, came again with his friends and he meda an event in a beach of Rhodes! I wanted to go.. so I asked my father to take me with his small bike... a 50cc... suzuki...

it was a little far away, but we had done this distance again so.. no problem!

huh... well.. we had a problem! on our way... suddently..we realised that one of the tires was flat! we stopped and check... just to realise that a big nail was on it.... huh! :(

we had to go some hundrent metres back where a gas station was... to fix the tire... there the man asked as if we passed a specific road! yes... we had...!!! a building was being built there... and.. some nails were accidently droped on the road.. so.. we were not the only ones with that problem... the guy there fixed our tire.. and we went to the event! I was the only local and the only greek... but it was nice and had so much fun! I met amazing people there!!!

I finally met with my friend Livadia... a german who most of the time lives in Tilos island in Dodecanese! :)

when the event was over.. and I went to leave... I saw that the tire was flat again!!! not completelly.. but...

so.. we went again to a gas station and fixed it... of course it was not 100% safe so the next day my father took a new one...

as a conclusion... if I was a little shy at first.. events are so great!!! :) I hope one day I will be able to participate in a mega event.... but... that's an other story.... :laughing:

I had been wanting to host an event for quite some time and when the Laep day came up I decided that was my chance. But a simple event was not enough for my first. Unfortunately work had dried up and I had a lot of time on my hands, so, I spent 2 weeks in my workshop building a series of 8 really cool caches that I set up especially for the day.

7 were traditional caches and there was a bit of the coordinates in each to find the 8th bonus cache.

Everything was ready for the event but because of my interest in Geocoins I wanted to fit that into the event as well because here in Estonia most cachers are not interested in them and I really want to raise awareness of them.

Thanks to the generosity of others on the forum here I had a nice pile of coins for the event and I hosted a bingo game with the coins as prizes.

The event was a success and everyone who won coins were really impressed, I watched the cache page over the next week and found that it ended up being the second biggest event in Estonia.

Since then many people have done the cache series and they all are surprised as the bonus cache is placed outside the place I held the event :laughing:

A couple of days ago I got a note one one of these caches stating that a geocion had been left and the message from the cacher was " I thought it right to start this, my first geocoin, in one of these caches as it was at the event that I won it and I would never have got one otherwise. Thanks to the cache owner and host for their work and keep it up."

Looks like I did good, my only problem now is how to top it for my next event <_<

well... not many stories here to tell.. that actually haven't been mentioned before.. the number of caches is small in the island so...

anyway... in one of the caches I had to find... (after all I was the maintaner of her..), were in the beautiful butterfly valley in Rhodes! there are 2 caches there...

I was searching for glues etc.. and with google maps (yes.. before they were gone....from the game..), I saw that it was not something difficult... it was near the main road.. and there was a path going there...

huh... that was a Hell cache!!! huh!!!!!. definatelly one of the most dificult caches I did... if not the most dificult!

the funny is that it was saying... difficulty 1.5 and terrain 2.5.... oh yea.... !!!!

The cache was very easy to find.. but after all the way up you can fell from the clif... since the cache is almost on the edge..

anyway... the road was only for army tanks...!!! it was so difficult to go up by feet! it was very slippery, in 60 degrees way up.. it was difficult to stop.. and while you were going up... pebbles were rolling... making things even more difficult to fell..

things were worse because we had rains the day before.. so it had mud, and the path had open areas where the waters used to come down...

these were the worse 380 metres I had done..!!! not even in the army I did something like that...

of course... I was not prepeared for that.. nor my brother in law who came with me... not even our shoes were the right ones...

I admit that the view from the top was amazing!!! but.. I lfet a new logbook just in case because I have no idea if I will go up again... my brother in law who is actually the driver in our team... was not so happy by that cache... so....

but he had his reasons...

on our way down... we realise that.. that was even harder!!! pebbles were rolling under our feet... we had nothing to hold from in some areas....

we had to go very carefully, not from the centre but from the edges of the road and sometimes to leave the road so we would not fell! there were times that we had to hold branches from the tiny trees to avoid felling... but unfortunatelly we didn't avoid it! we both fell! our sport shoes were not "holding" us a lot and we fell and rolled for some metres! that was the worse because we got injured... and my brother in law... started speaking "french" hmm... that was not a good sign...

I had some scratches and a strain.... and my brother in law... hurt a little on his head, and on his hands, feet... mostly scratches... we were lucky inside our bad luck....

and as you realised.. we went during Autumn! if it was winter... it would had been extremelly difficult to go up and come down again...if it had been raining a lot.. in the past days.. and aslo... during summer that the weather is very hot... huh... I do not want to imagine that....! climping up there with 40C... huh!!

now.. what I will do as a maintaner.. well.. I know... but.. in many caches that are far away.. I can not go anymore.. it is not easy and my brother's in law car broke down.. and I have no idea when it will be fixed.. they can not find the new part... (the "brain" of the car...), plus that gas prices passed the 2 euros per litre... and we are all jobless... :(

anyway... back to happy things.... :) this is a nice cointest to make us happy right? :)

so.....forthe bonnus......

Did you passed the 2700 finds milestone last weekend??? :)

My story is about my first geocaching hike.

After a few smaller caches we embarked on a hike up a hill.

Reaching the parking site a car with the geocaching logo on its wheel cover jumped out to my eyes.

The game was afoot.

Up and up we walked.

While we walked we talked and talked.

Part of the way up we met Liz and Bruce, had a chat, great people.

Continuing the hike we reached a small plateau, and headed to ground zero.

The cache was found with rocks under a bush. Behind us lay a cliff and an impressive view.

Signed the log and headed back down.

Reached the car and had a feed.

Edited by AussieCacheHunter

so here are my Coinstories (I love all my coins because every one has a own story to tell).

I am an artist and I am really living in my own world... so it' pretty difficult for other people (especially my boyfriend) to know what's in my mind. So one day he bought a Cosmolabe-Geocoin so if I will ever get lost in my own head this one will guide me home to him.

There is a very popular geocaching podcast in Germany and one morning when I was listening to it and the guy mentioned that he has some coins at home and if you email him you can get one. But I thought just writing: "Hey I want a geocoin!" and not offering something in return was very unpolite. So I made a deal: I draw a comic with you as the main character and I get a geocoin in return... some time after I drew the comic I got a huge package from him filled with every kind of Geocaching supplies and a really really cool (geocoinfest Europe 2011) Geocoin.

hmm... not 100% geocaching story... but...

we were used to go out often to have fun and spent some time outside... in the nature.. in forests, fields, at the sea, or in ancient places... and then fond a nice spot to have barbeque and eat! we are always careful of course...

when I became a geocacher and very soon my sister and my brother in law followed me and we created out team, we were making our program to fit everything.. so geocaching will be in! :)

so... one day we went out and had some geocaching, we visited some nice places here in the island and then we desided to go to a place where a very old small church is of St Thomas, to have our picnic!

the area is so prety... and has a small waterfall there that had water only during winter... but... the area was full of garbadge!! it was a mess! :( 99% of them were emplty glass bottles, tin cans from soft drinks, plastic bottles...

until the food (souvlakia) get ready... I desided to make an unofficial Cito event...... just by myself! :D I took some garbadge bags and I started cleaning the area! If Iremember well.. I filled 1-2 of these bags!!! then I washed my hands and wen to eat!

the area was 100% clean! I had collected all the recycled cans and bottles and in an other bag there were other stuff... (I used a plastic bag from a supermarket as a glove!)... but... what I could do with all that?

I throwed the bag in the garbadge barrel and I took the recycled cans and bottles with me!

here in rhodes we have a machine that you can throw one by one cans and bottles (seperate of course) and the macing is actually paying you! it prints a coupon that can be exchanged in a supermarket!

for each aluminium can is 1 euro cent , every 3 tin cans is 1 cent and every 3 bottles is 1 cent... (3 glass bottles = 1cent and 3 plastic bottles = 1 cent...). so I collected some money! the machine gives you the choise to take the coupon or donate the money to an organization which at that time was for abused children etc..

I donated some of them but I took one of the big coupons and gave it to an old man who was very poor and he was searching the garbadge boxes to find cans etc to recycle.. so he can get something to eat! when i gave him the coupon... he looked at me surprised!! :laughing: I loved that! well.. even if this was not a real cito... not an official one... I believe I did something as a geocacher and I loved it! :)

of course.. the cans and botles in my house are taken there too.. and since crisis is quite big... we are using the coupons (of course i have some in my coupon collection.... :laughing: ), in the supermarkets...

well.. it is a good way for everyone to start recycling..... we were way too behind in that here....

of course... the story didn't finish here... the end had a dissapointment.... but...

the next week of our visit in the church.. it was the celebration of St Thomas... (it was like today!), and there is a festival there so many people from the around villages go there to dance, to eat, and of course.. to visit the church were there is a priest and a ceremony...

we went back to the place a day after the festival to stay and eat... and I was fricked!!!! the area was in worse condition!!! we couldn't even stay.. and left to go somewhere else! :(

ok.. we learned that people came and cleaned it later... but.... it was so disapointing to see an area that I worked hard to cleand it... to be like that again....

about the bonus... you can not end the cointest on Sunday... because you will be in an event that is far away... maybe?? :)

I was hoping that there would be a couple of pages of stories to read. But all good things must come to an end and since it is now after midnight I will run the number generator in a few minutes. First of all I will give the answers I was looking for for the bonus questions.

The "sort of a milestone" Last year was not a good year for me in more ways than one. Last year I found a total of 282 caches. Last weekend I exceeded that total!!! I also planned it so that I got #2700 at the MIGO 10th Year Anniversary Picnic.

Hint for today's activity DT 2-3 TR 11i

Today's activity. I thought that maybe one of the teams in my fantasy baseball league might make a stab at this one. No one asked about the puzzle above.

Detroit Tigers lost 2-3 to Texas Rangers in 11 innings.

Unfortunately the Tigers lost in part due to a bad call on a squeeze bunt. Good game though and we had great seats!

Comerica Park

5a483a6d-de4c-45f5-ada3-edd727a178d9.jpg

Jhonny Peralta (ss) at the plate I have him on one of my teams.

14ca0317-bb0c-4ce1-84b6-0b387f7ca988.jpg

Six Tiger fans enjoying the game!

4f57f869-6acd-414e-89d9-95ca17c4035f.jpg?rnd=0.3396505

I attempted two caches right at the ballpark but didn't find either one :(

Now I'll find a random number generator

I ran the random number generator at random.org using this list with names in order of the posts and with the bonus answer.

1 Gatoulis

2 Kini Ont

3 Team Pixos

4 Gatoulis

5 Nanncyan

6 Gatoulis

7 Jpbarr

8 Gatoulis

9 Gatoulis #2700

10 AussieCacheHunter

11 AussieCacheHunter #2700

12 Mietzecacherin

13 Mietzecacherin

14 Gatoulis

I haven't yet figured out how to post the screen shot but I will try to do it. It spit out #12 so Mietzecacherin is the winner!! Please email me your address and I'll send the coin out to you.

Thanks for all the stories! I enjoyed reading them!

Wow miss a few days on a cointest and you can miss a great hint. Love the pictures but I'm disappointed that the photo didn't show the hotdog and beer you had but then again it does look to be a cool but sunny day which is what we've all be experiencing lately (snow showers possible later today).

On the other hand you've been caching up a storm and 2700 finds... Congratulations LadyBee

Also congratulations to Mietzecacherin for winning the cointest and a great big thanks to Riley the Geodog for convincing his Mom on holding the cointest. You rock Riley

Wow miss a few days on a cointest and you can miss a great hint. Love the pictures but I'm disappointed that the photo didn't show the hotdog and beer you had but then again it does look to be a cool but sunny day which is what we've all be experiencing lately (snow showers possible later today).

On the other hand you've been caching up a storm and 2700 finds... Congratulations LadyBee

Also congratulations to Mietzecacherin for winning the cointest and a great big thanks to Riley the Geodog for convincing his Mom on holding the cointest. You rock Riley

LOL Ted. I was wondering if the hint would be understood or not.... ;)

I admit though that you wouldnt' see me with a beer. I don't like beer. :laughing: I did have peanuts though and sang "Take Me Out to the Ballgame" during the 7th inning stretch! :P I waited until dinner and then had a margarita.

Last fall I started to fill in the calendar grid and then decided that #2500 should happen at my Leap Day Event. That meant I really had to put a push on caching before the surgery. Now I'm thinking maybe I can get to #3000 at the Midwest Geobash. That is going to be harder since I've almost cleared out all the nearby caches. There is a series put out last fall I think that basically is like a power trail maybe 200 or so. I wouldn't attempt any of those by myself since a lot are in some very very questionable areas. We shall see if I can get to 2999 on my way to the Bash.