Different Levels of Earth Cache Finders?

DarkSasquatch2

I've seen a few people say that they have achieved "Earth Cache Master" or something along those lines, and will sometimes have a gold, silver, or bronze title to go with that. What exactly does this entail? Thanks!

Hi DarkSasquatch,

have a look at the www.earthcache.org website. Under the EarthCache Masters link to the left you can see that in order to qualify for Bronze Earthcache Master you need to "Visit and log three (3) or more Earthcaches in two (2) or more states/countries." and so forth.

There's also the Earthcache Discovery Award where you can gain different levels by just logging many Earthcaches. To qualify for the Quartz 50+ level you need to find more than 50 EarthCaches.

We're currently working on the next level, Mica and I hope we'll manage this year. We've found 71 in total now and still need to find 29. Not sure if it'll work out, though we can log an additional 15 on our summer vacation. Did I mention we like Earthcaches? :rolleyes::lol:

Mrs. terratin

Can someone clarify for me, the requirements for Bronze level and what they mean by "Visit and log three (3) or more Earthcaches in two (2) or more states/countries."? Does this mean I would qualify if I have three (3) total visits logged, two (2) in Illinois and one (1) in Missouri? Or, would I need at least three (3) in Illinois and three (3) in Missouri?

I have two, and may have three (3) later today in Illinois and I am leaving for Missouri tomorrow, to do at least one (1) but I get alter my trip plans to get two (2) more in Missouri if that is what I need to make Bronze level.

Thanks in advance!

Can someone clarify for me, the requirements for Bronze level and what they mean by "Visit and log three (3) or more Earthcaches in two (2) or more states/countries."? Does this mean I would qualify if I have three (3) total visits logged, two (2) in Illinois and one (1) in Missouri?

Yes, that is sufficient.

Can someone clarify for me, the requirements for Bronze level and what they mean by "Visit and log three (3) or more Earthcaches in two (2) or more states/countries."? Does this mean I would qualify if I have three (3) total visits logged, two (2) in Illinois and one (1) in Missouri?

Yes, that is sufficient.

Got it figured out and am now a Earthcache Master Bronze Level! Woo-hoo! :)

Yes, that is sufficient.

Got it figured out and am now a Earthcache Master Bronze Level! Woo-hoo! :)

Brilliant - welcome to the club - and we look forward to seeing you progress through the levels to Platinum!

Now that I have logged 20 Earth Caches in 8 states, I have get another published to become a Platinum Earth Cache master.

Too bad no one has visited my second Earth Cache.

Your second one looks very interesting! Shame it's a bit out of our usual direction :lol: but I'm sure someone will come by eventually. Most of ours don't get logged a lot either, but that's fine. Those people that make a little detour usually have a fantastic time.

Mrs. Terratin

Now that I have logged 20 Earth Caches in 8 states, I have get another published to become a Platinum Earth Cache master.

Too bad no one has visited my second Earth Cache.

Your second one looks very interesting! Shame it's a bit out of our usual direction :lol: but I'm sure someone will come by eventually. Most of ours don't get logged a lot either, but that's fine. Those people that make a little detour usually have a fantastic time.

Mrs. Terratin

yes, I have some visited regularly, and a few that only get one or two visits a year. So hang in there - as Kevin Costner said, "If you place an Earthcache, they will come."