New Cache Long Wait

So recently when my family and I wanted to go caching we noticed that many of the caches in our area are park and grab types. We were hoping to find more that involved hiking and general activity, not something we can do in 10 minutes. Not that there isn't a need for those kinds of cache's its just we were looking for something different. So upon realizing this we decided to go to a local park and hide a traditional cache and post it on the website here. That was a week ago today. Exactly 7 days. The cache still has not been posted and is pending review. My question is how long does this usually take? I've hidden two others before and they both got reviewed relatively quickly. I find it frustrating because I love to read the comments people post online about my cache's and I was particularly excited about this one because I hid my very first custom made cache coin in it. Any takes on the time reviews take would be appreciated. Thanks :D

So recently when my family and I wanted to go caching we noticed that many of the caches in our area are park and grab types. We were hoping to find more that involved hiking and general activity, not something we can do in 10 minutes. Not that there isn't a need for those kinds of cache's its just we were looking for something different. So upon realizing this we decided to go to a local park and hide a traditional cache and post it on the website here. That was a week ago today. Exactly 7 days. The cache still has not been posted and is pending review. My question is how long does this usually take? I've hidden two others before and they both got reviewed relatively quickly. I find it frustrating because I love to read the comments people post online about my cache's and I was particularly excited about this one because I hid my very first custom made cache coin in it. Any takes on the time reviews take would be appreciated. Thanks :D

Have you checked to see if there are any reviewer notes that require a response from you?

Here are a few Help Center articles that might be of interest:

4.5. Working With the Reviewer: communication

http://support.Groundspeak.com/index.php?pg=kb.page&id=74

4.2. Publication of Caches

http://support.Groundspeak.com/index.php?pg=kb.page&id=81

4.3. Getting Your Cache Listed Quickly

http://support.Groundspeak.com/index.php?pg=kb.page&id=77

B.

Edited by Pup Patrol

I'm sorry that you had a long wait for your cache to be published. It's now live and I imagine you will be surprised at how quickly it starts racking up the "found" logs. Generally caches are published within about 3 days, but sometimes the reviewer is out of pocket, the queue is very active, or other reasons why things might be a bit delayed.

I'm very impressed by the excellent suggestions made by those who responded to this thread. These are all very good thoughts and ways to be sure that your cache is published as quickly as possible.