TBs or Coins in Archived Caches?

VeeRich

I've noticed a lot of TBs and geocoins get "dropped" in archived caches and events, never to be moved again. Why is this??? Is this a persons way of "collecting" a TB for them self to keep??

I noticed a not-so-old cache get archived recently and all of a sudden there were 2 new TBs dropped in it right before it was archived....

Or is this just a coincidence?????

Some cachers with extensive travel bug or geocoin collections will virtually drop their trackables in the archived cache simply to remove them from their listed inventory.

This is useful to trackable owners because when entering a new log on a cache page, the cacher is given a list of every trackable in their possession and the cacher has to select No Action / Visited / Dropped for EACH trackable in their possession before they submit the log.

This is useful to trackable owners because when entering a new log on a cache page, the cacher is given a list of every trackable in their possession and the cacher has to select No Action / Visited / Dropped for EACH trackable in their possession before they submit the log.

I've never had this???

When I do log TBs I only have the option to "visit" or "drop" and I don't have to select every single one.

GC2110J is an example.

I'm confused. The 2 trackables listed in that cache were dropped in there by the last finder, 5 days before it was archived. Are you saying that finder shouldn't have dropped those trackables there? How were they to know that cache would get archived? I'd place some blame on the cache owner for not giving any explanation of why the cache was being archived and the status of the listed trackables, but the last finder did nothing wrong.

Some cachers with extensive travel bug or geocoin collections will virtually drop their trackables in the archived cache simply to remove them from their listed inventory.

You only need to select those trackables for which an action was performed..'No Action' is selected by default.

As mentioned, if you have a large collection, put them in 'Your Collection'.

AS for the example cache, it appears the CO is the one at fault, and has possibly just archived the cache without visiting and removing their geo-litter (that now apparently contains two trackables). SOMEONE should go there and rescue the trackables!!

GC2110J is an example.

I'm confused. The 2 trackables listed in that cache were dropped in there by the last finder, 5 days before it was archived. Are you saying that finder shouldn't have dropped those trackables there? How were they to know that cache would get archived? I'd place some blame on the cache owner for not giving any explanation of why the cache was being archived and the status of the listed trackables, but the last finder did nothing wrong.

That's what I was thinking.

Those weren't coins being virtually dropped by their owners. They were (presumably) legitimate drops to a cache that got archived later.

And it was definitely up to the cache owner to post something about the fate of those trackables.

B.

AS for the example cache, it appears the CO is the one at fault, and has possibly just archived the cache without visiting and removing their geo-litter (that now apparently contains two trackables). SOMEONE should go there and rescue the trackables!!

Maybe it's just me, cuz I'm so cheap, but I can't imagine archiving a cache, and leaving it there if it was an ammo can.

B.

Maybe it's just me, cuz I'm so cheap, but I can't imagine archiving a cache, and leaving it there if it was an ammo can.

B.

Then, there are others who are too lazy to retrieve the ammo can. 'Maintenance??? You gotta be kidding!" Yup. They do exist! First stage waws a micro in a guard rail. Second stage was the ammo can. Six months after it was archived, I retrieved the TB (and the ammo can.) :ph34r: "Maintenance? You gotta be kidding!" 58 caches. NEVER did maintenance! At least the TB owner thanked me!

Another proliic hider... Very nice hides! Creative. Ineresting. But never does maintenance. Great hides. If they're still there. Lots of caches archived. Never does maintenance. Really sad.