fun fun fun

I am having fun exploring areas I've never been before.

I found an area to hike in 2 weeks ago that I didn't even know was there. It's beautiful!!! It's going to take me a few more visits to find all the caches. Life is rough.

I did the WA State Island Hopping Challenge cache last summer. Wow!!!

I found caches on over 23 islands in Washington. It was the most amazing cache I've ever found.

I took my inflatable boat to islands in lakes and rivers.

I climbed two ropes, hand over hand up two cliffs to get to two caches.

I took ferries to islands.

I took sailboats to islands. I drove onto islands.

I saw such incredible beauty and wildlife!!

I saw 2 schools of dolphins.

I saw a huge whale come up right near my little boat.

I parked my boat in a cove that Great Blue Herons came to roost at. Hundreds of them.

I explored islands I didn't even known existed!!

It was so much fun I want to do the whole thing all over again!!

Now that suddenly my teenage step son and his buddies have taken an interest in geocaching, it's become A L O T more fun. Before, when I had some free 'me' time, I'd go. When I went somewhere else, I'd do a quick check and maybe grab one. I normally walk for my cache finds, so my range is limited. Now that the geo-noobs are constantly hounding me to go, I amuse myself by taking them to cache's I've gotten before, and having a good laugh at their expense. They've also proven to be good little trackers, and have aided me in finding some I had not found before. I've also taken to hiding caches from them. Working on my second hide. And exceptionally nasty one. I took a pine cone from the yard, cut some of the fronds(?) off of one side, gorilla glued a small container in, and hid it in a pine cone heavy area. Cause I'm an evil step father like that. ;-)

Now that suddenly my teenage step son and his buddies have taken an interest in geocaching, it's become A L O T more fun. Before, when I had some free 'me' time, I'd go. When I went somewhere else, I'd do a quick check and maybe grab one. I normally walk for my cache finds, so my range is limited. Now that the geo-noobs are constantly hounding me to go, I amuse myself by taking them to cache's I've gotten before, and having a good laugh at their expense. They've also proven to be good little trackers, and have aided me in finding some I had not found before. I've also taken to hiding caches from them. Working on my second hide. And exceptionally nasty one. I took a pine cone from the yard, cut some of the fronds(?) off of one side, gorilla glued a small container in, and hid it in a pine cone heavy area. Cause I'm an evil step father like that. ;-)

Awwww. You should be laughing with them. Good they have an interest in an outdoor activity. I encourage you to encourage them. Spend time working with them to develop Cool Cache Containers™ and hides. Perhaps even having them hide caches for you to find (as well as others.)

best of luck!

I am having a ball out there.

Great exercise for myself and my dogs.

I generally hunt by myself (with the dogs) but when the kids are around, I can always manage to get them to come along.

Granted I am still a rookie with 330+ finds and 11 hides but still I find great enjoyment in getting out.

Not real crazy about the urban style but thats just me.

Got my first tick EVER the other day. That was creepy. It is amazing how they latch on.

Basic tools Etrex, Iphone, or Bushnell 200CR.

But again, Having a great time.

Thanks for asking.

When I come in the door all bedraggled and tired, mud all over my trousers, twigs in my hair, salt on my eyebrows, sun burnt and days away from a massive poison oak rash, you better believe I'm having fun. I must be. I do it over and over again!

ROFLMBO!!! I could not agree more! (only with me it's poison ivy...) :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I am having tons of fun. My sister and me have found a ton of caches and it doesn't get boring. I think that I am going to be a cacher for life!! I haven't had this much fun since Track & Field in High School. Once you start figuring it out, it starts getting way funner. Even placing new geocaches are just as fun as finding the caches.

Awwww. You should be laughing with them. Good they have an interest in an outdoor activity. I encourage you to encourage them. Spend time working with them to develop Cool Cache Containers™ and hides. Perhaps even having them hide caches for you to find (as well as others.)

best of luck!

Oh..trust me...my mini-cachers are plotting their revenge. Lol. They are up to something about a hide that they won't tell, and are anxious to get to twenty finds so they can unleash their plan on me (and the rest of the world) some day soon. I'm glad for it as well. My small town has a sparse smattering of caches, and I have a feeling it's going to be well filled sooner than later. For now though it goes alot like this "what are you guys up to?" "nothing" twenty minutes later...."DO WE HAVE ANY BROWN PAINT?!?!?!?" "maybe...why?" "No reason" :D :D :D