Insert Text/Images from Word to...

JJPMKE

Ok, I have come to realize that what I have provided with MS word is going to be useless other than a reference. Another idea..I have noticed in quite a few event posts that there are different font and text sizes as well as using multiple different colors, some even with pictures. can anyone please explain this process to me, thanks for any help.

Is this avaiable in easy to understand English?

That webpage is as very basic and a great place to start but there are a couple of key concepts that it doesn't cover. Your browser is an interpreter. It takes the html code you write and interprets any tags that you put in there. The tags are the text between the greater than < and less than > signs. Anything inside the <> isn't shown on the screen instead it is instruction to the browser to do some action.

That's about as simple as it gets, really.

What is causing you the problem is that there are way more possible display options available than you would likely need or want to use at first. If you want to see some complicated HTML, right-click on this forum page and select 'View page source'.

WOW, what a mess! :o

Yet each part of that mess instructs your browser what to display on your computer screen.

Perhaps THIS SITE would be helpful if you want to proceed.

..snip...

There's a UK geocaching website that has some useful info (I'll have to wait till I get home before I can post a link). It includes a link to a browser add-in called "Xinha-here" <sp?> which provides a WYSWYG environment. That's what I've used for editing my cache pages. No need to (fully) understand the arcane fundamentals of HTML.

Here you go:

HTML code for your cache page

Simple to use HTML editor for Firefox - Xinha

Edited by Huntleigh

..snip...

There's a UK geocaching website that has some useful info (I'll have to wait till I get home before I can post a link). It includes a link to a browser add-in called "Xinha-here" <sp?> which provides a WYSWYG environment. That's what I've used for editing my cache pages. No need to (fully) understand the arcane fundamentals of HTML.

Here you go:

HTML code for your cache page

Simple to use HTML editor for Firefox - Xinha

Ok, now I am starting to understand how this works..Thanks to all the helpful information that you all have provided. Just another question..When I am desgining the cache description in HTML code, do I have to design it in MS Word, Notepad or any other program, or can I insert the HTML directly into the Cache description? Thanks again

Ok, now I am starting to understand how this works..Thanks to all the helpful information that you all have provided. Just another question..When I am desgining the cache description in HTML code, do I have to design it in MS Word, Notepad or any other program, or can I insert the HTML directly into the Cache description? Thanks again

Right into the cache description.

But you can fiddle with it in notepad first. Be sure to check the box about it being HTML.

Right into the cache description.

But you can fiddle with it in notepad first. Be sure to check the box about it being HTML.

Thanks a ton!!! Now I am on my way to getting this event posted, Thanks again for all the help and advise in regards to this issue

Edited by JJPMKE