Any Ham Radio Operators Here?

Guest Anton

quote:
Originally posted by mrpig:

ham call n4pig fred in cape canaveral,fl

Personally, I'm grateful to all those who've added their callsigns to the list.

However, I have to admit that I've not been able to keep up with them all and I've not been able to note them all down!

So, I wonder if there is a way to make a log, or file, of all the geocaching callsigns in one place?

If someone can make a .csv file it would help.

Otherwise, maybe we need to get out our logbooks and record the calls.

Ah, yes, in the UK (at least) we have the choice of a paper log or a computer record. ;-)

So, how best to organise Geocaching hams? After all, low power operators (I'm a QRP operator) have certain frequencies, and there are many SSB nets (sorry, I do prefer CW, but I will try SSB if really needed) plus the IRLP, gQSO and eLINK systems.

The VHF and UHF repeaters are getting IRLP and eQSO (plus eLINK) connections all the time.

So, if you don't see a callsign you know, where do you go to give a call out?

de Dave (G0DJA)

AKA - Morseman

also seen as G0DJA-7 on APRS

--... ...--

Morseman

N8UB Near Detroit Michigan

Recently purchaced a Magellan Sportrak Map and having so much fun. Can't wait until the weather warm up and I can include some geocaching along with some long distance bike rides. If you are also interested in yet another past time try operating HF Pedestrian Portable (HFPack) see

www.hfpack.com

Or the Yahoo group

groups.yahoo.com/group/hfpack

I recently got interested in geocaching (when Santa left an Etrex Venture in my stocking).

I have been into packet, in the past (but still have the stuff). I have also thought about APRS.

Anyone carrying trackers while geocaching?

73's de Dave, W6DPS

Hi,

I am also new to geocaching!

My Bellaire, TX, USA callsign: WB5FDJ

My Kelkheim, Germany callsign: DL8FG (ex-DA2RG)

I am flying back to my German residence this Sunday and will talk up geocaching at our local ham club there ( F27 DOK in Liederbach ).

I agree with earlier comments that geocaching can tie in nicely with radio fox-hunting.

I'll be looking for some caches in central Germany!!

Best regards,

Glenn

I am new here. I have been letterboxing for a while now. My first GPS is on order. I found one cache so far without a GPS and left a few resistors in it. I was thinking a junk box with cool components would be a great cache for builders and those running boat anchors.

Jim, N0KWA

Talisheek, LA

KC5DSP located in North East Texas, in the Longview, Tyler area.

quote:
Originally posted by Anton:

Greetings,

I'm a ham radio operator with callsign N2RUD. If you're a ham please send a reply, and we'll end up with a list of hams using this site. Perhaps the site administrator will give us a separate forum, called "GPS & Ham Radio". If you like that idea, say so!

Please leave your name and callsign.

Anton

------------------

Anton Ninno, N2RUD

Syracuse, NY 13210

[This message has been edited by Anton (edited 03-10-2001).]

[This message has been edited by Anton (edited 03-12-2001).]

quote:
Originally posted by n5xbs:

I'm into portable communications (i.e., battery-powered HF while camping and hunting). I currently use an SGC-2020 rig and a G5RV. I haven't made the link between GPS and Ham radio, other than I use them both on my outings. 73

N5XBS

Dave

Plano, TX

how small of a ham radio do you have and what is the range? i travel light with my gps and i am looking for a small powerful ham radio

My ticket just got posted on the FCC's ULS web site! I'll be monitoring 146.52 while caching!

SteveL

These are my opinions and only my opinions, unless you share them as well, which would make them our opinions, but I am not of the opinion that I can express your opinion as my opinion without your prior expression of said opinion, and then my re-utterance of that opinion would, in my opinion, be foolish unless I were expressing agreement to your opinion, and then it wouldn't be my opinion but your opinion to which I only agree.

quote:
Originally posted by psychopup:
Originally posted by n5xbs:

I'm into portable communications (i.e., battery-powered HF while camping and hunting). I currently use an SGC-2020 rig and a G5RV. 73

N5XBS

Dave

Plano, TX

Hi Dave,

Same thing here but use a MFJ 40 mtr. rig.

10 watts SSB and 5 watts CW. Maybe we can chat sometime while camping. I can usually work Texas in the evenings.

73's...Jspiker @ aol.com icon_biggrin.gif

QRP while camping and hiking

KD7NAL here, on Fidalgo Island in Washington State.

Play with APRS quite a bit when we're on the motorcycles or out sailing. XYL W6SLC wants to build some sort of APRS repeater query system that spits out nearby Geocaches (at least it keeps him off the streets at night! icon_razz.gif)

Janet

quote:

Play with APRS quite a bit when we're on the motorcycles or out sailing. XYL W6SLC wants to build some sort of APRS repeater query system that spits out nearby Geocaches (at least it keeps him off the streets at night! icon_razz.gif)

Janet

If you use an APRS program called UI-View32, then you can add on a program called InfoKiosk. The details of which are as follows...

INFOKIOSK

This gives you the ability to setup UI-View32 as a local information server

What this means is you can set-up command like ?PETROL and this will display all the petrol stations local to your area.

The object list is potentially endless.

UI-View32 does need to be registered, but it was about £10.00 (That's UK Pounds) about $15.00. The author has a website at G4IDE Webpage

A useful URL to download, or learn more about, UI-View32 and InfoKiosk is here.

UI-View Webpage

Hope that helps.

--... ...--

Morseman

KA3GXF

I have to get my HT back from my dad (WB3CUW), who borrowed it a few years back. It's an old Icom 2AT, almost 20 years old now. It's big and clunky by today's standards. Maybe I'll sell it off and get something small so that I can carry it along with the GPSr, digital camera, PDA, cell phone, and all the other stuff I carry when geocaching.