Any Ham Radio Operators Here?

Guest Anton

I'm not sure why I did not see the sticky 'base' thread today... perhaps it's just been more than xx days old... but it always has been there regardless of the filters.

Anyway: IF you see this note... If you can't see much in the way of threads, on the Ham Radio forum page (not in a thread), look down near the bottom end of the page and look for Click here to show filter options, over on the right side you can set the filter for how old you wish to view... try starting with View All and then you can adjust it as needed after you have a look around.

Edit: Don't forget to use GO to save the change. Sorry!

Doug 7rxc (VE7RXC)

Edited by 7rxc

Once upon a time I was a No Code Tech. Maybe 1 day I'll get to it again.

I was a trained Army O5H, code operator and hated it! I didn't take the ham

test because I wanted nothing to do with code. When I learned code was gone

I got my Tech and Gen and may do the extra. Code gets really old fast when

you sit at a Mill and pound out code all day....no thank you.

AJ

KC2ZKC

Once upon a time I was a No Code Tech. Maybe 1 day I'll get to it again.

I was a trained Army O5H, code operator and hated it! I didn't take the ham

test because I wanted nothing to do with code. When I learned code was gone

I got my Tech and Gen and may do the extra. Code gets really old fast when

you sit at a Mill and pound out code all day....no thank you.

AJ

KC2ZKC

HAHAHA!!! Well, when I got my HAM ticket about 20 years ago, you could take the Novice written and Tech written exams, and get (no code) Tech ...without ever taking code.

My Yaesu FT-60 2-m/70cm radio is small enough to take with when hiking on the various nearby trails, and I have a Kenwood TM-V71A in my truck.

I have recently started combining geocaching with the hiking that I had already been doing for exercise on the nearby trails. To motivate myself to walk more, I have also been wearing my fitbit, which counts steps taken, miles walked, and estimates total calories burned for the day. I have just started looking for the hundreds of caches on the many nearby hiking trails, and have found 14 so far.

I hope to eventually get around to setting up an antenna for HF, at home.

Name: Rick

Callsign: N7TXH

QTH: Prescott, Arizona

GPS Unit: Garmin etrex 20x

Edited by RickOfTheRocks

Hi all,

Would anyone be interested in starting/hosting a geocaching radio net on the linked repeater system known as the Evergreen Intertie? Using the K7NWS 2 meter repeater on Tiger Mountain would reach across Washington State, and into Idaho and Oregon. I know there are lots of geocaching hams out there!

KF7RWA

Robert

Issaquah, Washington[/size]

Greetings,

I'm a ham radio operator with callsign N2RUD. If you're a ham please send a reply, and we'll end up with a list of hams using this site. Perhaps the site administrator will give us a separate forum, called "GPS & Ham Radio". If you like that idea, say so!

Please leave your name and callsign.

Anton

------------------

Anton Ninno, N2RUD

Syracuse, NY 13210

[This message has been edited by Anton (edited 03-10-2001).]

[This message has been edited by Anton (edited 03-12-2001).]

Greetings,<BR><BR>I'm a ham radio operator with callsign N2RUD. If you're a ham please send a reply, and we'll end up with a list of hams using this site. Perhaps the site administrator will give us a separate forum, called "GPS & Ham Radio". If you like that idea, say so!<BR><BR>Please leave your name and callsign.<BR><BR>Anton<BR><BR><BR>------------------<BR>Anton Ninno, N2RUD<BR>Syracuse, NY 13210<BR><BR>[This message has been edited by Anton (edited 03-10-2001).]<BR><BR>[This message has been edited by Anton (edited 03-12-2001).]

Gary Nikkola, KE4GPC, Sitka, AK

EuGene Smith

Clinton, Arkansas

KA5NLY (Advanced class)

A QRP operator with a couple of TenTec Argonauts and Heathkit HW-9 & HW-8

Also have a Baofeng dual band HT (Which I have been told is a piece of junk!)

Licensed in 1982, but been inactive for several years and am now getting back on the air

Geocacher since Summer of 2014 as bUTCH46. GPSr's: Garmin eTrex Vista, 450, & 450T

N0DMC

Bill Cook

Living in southern Oregon. Do lots of geocaching with a fellow ham. We try to go out once a week. We also carry our dual-band handhelds with us on the journey. We can always use his repeater or go simplex when needed.

Currently using a Garmin 60CSx as WELL as a new Samsung SCH-i500, running DROID 2.1-update1 with Geocaching 1.1.2 software. Since the Garmin isn't PAPERLESS, I use the cell for description of the cache, notes, logs, etc. Using GSAK software for the PC to download/upload caches both from/to the website and from/to the Garmin. Saving gpx files also allows me to upload them to the cell and use them there.

de N0DMC

WA2SEA - Newbie Ham just a couple months now. Used to live down there in Phoenix and Talent but 30+ years ago. Just now switching to HAM for entertainment, can't do much walking anymore. Have tried to get into your neighborhood with Echolink but no luck so far. Friend I used to cache with is gonna drag me out next week for a few easy caches, haven't been out in about 3 years...

Also running Garmin 60csx. Was able to grab the vanity license 'watusi' (like the dance) even though the WA2 is east coast, it was available. ;)

Tom, Kent, WA "Master_Dirt" @ geocaching dot com

73s

Hi All.

KA0ZBE.

Omaha, NE

I look forward to combining three of my favorite activities when I retire in a couple of years, long distance motorcycling ( Yamaha 1100 V-Star Silverado), ham radio ( Yaesu FT 817 SD) specifically, CW work, and Geocaching!

73’s