Any Ham Radio Operators Here?

Guest Anton
Followers 26

For a good time call KD7EAV and KD7EAX.

You could try KD7EAW, but he's at USCGA.

We're just a whole family of hamsters that

enyoys the outdoors! Take your HT in the field, be safe, and stay in touch.

147.560 mHz

Hey, are you havin' fun yet?

We sure are!!!

Washougal, WA

• Upvote 1

N8PZT, Stephen, from Traverse City, Michigan here.

Perpetual Tech, wanting to get my General Ticket.

Ham since '91, renewed in 2001.

Geocacher since November, 2001. Getting first GPS (Garmin GPS-V) late August, this year.

Planning on buying Yaesu FT-817 later this year.

73 de N8PZT

196939_600.gif

Hello form Riverside, California! The name's Brian and I've been a licensed ham for twenty-one years (as KA6WSR).

After remaining at "Technician+" for eighteen of those years, I decided to take advantage of the newly written rules regarding license upgrades and get my General (which I did sucessfully in April of that year). I recently got ahold of a very nice Kenwood TS-520S & have been having a great time on HF (I'm even working on honing my skills in CW... it seems a lot easier now that the pressure's off!). Brian/ka6wsr/ohd

[This message was edited by ohd on August 13, 2002 at 07:10 PM.]

[This message was edited by ohd on August 13, 2002 at 07:11 PM.]

Congradulations to ApK for the new license. Relax on the vanity. You have a great call! Suggest you work on upping your class in the near future but just enjoy your new hobbie. Look up Fox Hunting or R.A.C.E.S. or A.T.V. or whatever turns your style.

I'm looking forward to a combo of Geocache with Fox Hunting... just need more time.

Take care.

73, KF6ISI

HAM with Orienteer / GeoCache experience are of great help to these volunteer emergency service organizations. We seem to all have high-clearance, 4WD/AWD type vehicles... and some HAMS seem to have a problem with positioning the further they get from the "shack" icon_smile.gif

You will provide a great, non-replaceable service to your community in times of need... and you get a front row seat on the action.

Getting involved is easy... most ARES / RACES organizations have a regular net, most on 2M or 70CM. Repeaters that support ARES / RACES usually have the information on their web-site. Just check in and they will be glad to put you to work!

HAM with Orienteer / GeoCache experience are of great help to these volunteer emergency service organizations. We seem to all have high-clearance, 4WD/AWD type vehicles... and some HAMS seem to have a problem with positioning the further they get from the "shack" icon_smile.gif

You will provide a great, non-replaceable service to your community in times of need... and you get a front row seat on the action.

Getting involved is easy... most ARES / RACES organizations have a regular net, most on 2M or 70CM. Repeaters that support ARES / RACES usually have the information on their web-site. Just check in and they will be glad to put you to work!

KC8UBW AND KC8UBV HERE IN NEWAYGO, MI. JUST GOT OUR TICKETS RECENTLY, TOOK TESTS ON SAME DAY AND BOTH OF US ACED IT.

BEEN NOTICING IN SOME OF THE POSTINGS THAT WE HAMsters ARE BEING REFERRED TO AS GEEKS AND NERDS.

WELL WE TAKE EXCEPTION TO THAT AND HERE'S WHAT WE'RE GONNA DO ABOUT IT.

WE'RE GONNA TAKE OUR HAND-HELD 2M, OUR GPS, OUR SCANNERS AND FREQUENCY COUNTERS, OUR METAL DETECTORS, RADAR DETECTORS AND OUR NIGHT VISION GOGGLES, AND ELECTRONIC RANGE FINDERS AND GO HOME.

SO THERE. icon_biggrin.gif

KC8UBW AND KC8UBV HERE IN NEWAYGO, MI. JUST GOT OUR TICKETS RECENTLY, TOOK TESTS ON SAME DAY AND BOTH OF US ACED IT.

BEEN NOTICING IN SOME OF THE POSTINGS THAT WE HAMsters ARE BEING REFERRED TO AS GEEKS AND NERDS.

WELL WE TAKE EXCEPTION TO THAT AND HERE'S WHAT WE'RE GONNA DO ABOUT IT.

WE'RE GONNA TAKE OUR HAND-HELD 2M, OUR GPS, OUR SCANNERS AND FREQUENCY COUNTERS, OUR METAL DETECTORS, RADAR DETECTORS AND OUR NIGHT VISION GOGGLES, AND ELECTRONIC RANGE FINDERS AND GO HOME.

SO THERE. icon_biggrin.gif

and the wife is KF6VFI. I check in on the SANDIA NET (7.294mhz lsb) most nights at 7pm Pacific. My name is Eric. If anyone whould like to get ahold of me on the freq go right ahead. The people on that net are REAL laid back. It's a trivia net so come on in and enjoy. I am located in Crescent City Ca and our CLUB will be sponcering an IRLP node here in the near future (next couple of weeks), and that also sounds like fun. If you have IRLP in your area let me know and I will try to make a contact with you. Next on the list APRS.....

"My gps say's it RIGHT HERE".

http://www.geogadgets.com

This forum, plus encouragement from the hams on #geocache, convinced me to start studying last week. Took all four element exams Saturday. Passed the written ones. Will retest on Morse in a couple of weeks. Talked my wife into taking the tech test. She aced it and is now studying Morse and the general.

Say hi to two brand new hams:

KG6NEE - Marty

KG5NEF - Jeanne

quote:
Originally posted by Marty Fouts:

This forum, plus encouragement from the hams on #geocache, convinced me to start studying last week. Took all four element exams Saturday. Passed the written ones. Will retest on Morse in a couple of weeks. Talked my wife into taking the tech test. She aced it and is now studying Morse and the general.

Say hi to two brand new hams:

KG6NEE - Marty

KG5NEF - Jeanne

The "hams"?

I thought I did most of the pestering. :D

Noel W8TVI