Any Ham Radio Operators Here?

Guest Anton

KK6BQC

Vallejo Ca

I have been a ham for a couple of months now. Was letterboxing years ago then got a gps handheld. I am not sure why geocaching.com is holding a popular activity to extortion with a ten dollar app and 30 dollar annual premium membership when other apps are free and they still have site ads for additional revenue. Just my opinion.

Greetings,

I'm a ham radio operator with callsign N2RUD. If you're a ham please send a reply, and we'll end up with a list of hams using this site. Perhaps the site administrator will give us a separate forum, called "GPS & Ham Radio". If you like that idea, say so!

Please leave your name and callsign.

Anton

------------------

Anton Ninno, N2RUD

Syracuse, NY 13210

[This message has been edited by Anton (edited 03-10-2001).]

[This message has been edited by Anton (edited 03-12-2001).]

I'm KC5UUS Doug in Bethany Ok.

I see some "upstate" NY hams recently posted. How about a HF Geocaching net?

I am usually on the North Country Group on 3955 Sunday mornings starting about 8:30. Some of us occasionally monitor 3958 between about 6 - 7 PM.

You might find me on the ECARS net (7255) during the day or occasionally on the Nightwatch/Brothers nets (7192) in the evening.

For those beyond 75/40M range, maybe we can coordinate a sked sometime on 20 17, or 15 meters.

On VHF, I monitor the 146.955 Black River Valley ARC repeater and we have a net at 8:00 most evenings. You can Echolink in via the AB2XN node. Also on the 146.655 Boonville ARC repeater we have a net at 9 PM most evenings You can Echolink through the KD2AIT node.

It's interesting that this topic was started by N2RUD. Back in the late 80's and early 90's I was working with Anton and another ham on various 'Amateur Radio in Education' projects. We had a school net between 3 schools in central New York and we also went to various education technology conferences and presented/demonstrated Amateur Radio.

Edited by KC2WI

I see some "upstate" NY hams recently posted. How about a HF Geocaching net?

I am usually on the North Country Group on 3955 Sunday mornings starting about 8:30. Some of us occasionally monitor 3958 between about 6 - 7 PM.

You might find me on the ECARS net (7255) during the day or occasionally on the Nightwatch/Brothers nets (7192) in the evening.

For those beyond 75/40M range, maybe we can coordinate a sked sometime on 20 17, or 15 meters.

On VHF, I monitor the 146.955 Black River Valley ARC repeater and we have a net at 8:00 most evenings. You can Echolink in via the AB2XN node. Also on the 146.655 Boonville ARC repeater we have a net at 9 PM most evenings You can Echolink through the KD2AIT node.

KC2WI,

I think that's a great idea and I'd like to participate but unfortunately I don't have an HF station to get those freqs. I can hit Low ville from home. We can continue this off the forums and I can be contacted via my email through geocaching.com or kd2bmu@gmail.com

Hi everyone ! I am KC8ODM John, Stevensville area, Lincoln Township, Berrien County, Michigan and I first heard of geo caching by listening to hams talking about it on the Michigan 2 meter state wide linked repeater system. My XYL Connie KD8ALR just learned about G.C. from band members she plays with and got started. She joined geocache.com and has been learning to use her new Samsung Galaxy S4 smart phone for GPS. I accompany here on hunts and decided today to also become a member of geocache.com. I have a used Eagle Explorer GPS receiver I'm learning to use for this activity. Glad to be here with you all ! "73" and good hunting !

RYRY...

I do some RTTY and CW contesting when time permits mostly cold months. I have done a lot of caching over the past 10 years with a friend who has some 14000 finds, I am a puny 125 in the log.

I have had a blast with it this summer however on my own.

Bob / NG2P