Any Ham Radio Operators Here?

Guest Anton
Followers 26

Denton, Tx

KF5EPT

I saw on here that someone was talking about getting a simplex ch for ham radio and geocaching... Me and my buddy (jermlac KF5EPQ). that is also a geocacher and a ham operator use the local simplex ch's. that way we don't tie up a local repeator. If you are ever in the DFW area hit me up on the radio at 442.100 PL 100.0.

73!!

Edited by txsarge

Hello everyone,

I am N7AVN and my name is Roy. Live in Auburn, WA. USA. It's nice to see so many Geocachers that are HAMS. Or so many HAMS that are Geocachers. It really is a small world. Hope to meet some of you out at a Cache or HAM event sometime.

73 :D

Hello, my call sign is N2VPZ and I'm an amateur extra. I live (now) in Mountain Home, Idaho but I lived my entire life in New Jersey. I have found and really enjoy Geocaching. I spent most of this afternoon at the Idaho State Ham Radio convention in Boise,ID. Amongst all the others HRO had a nice display booth. Then went geocaching and added 4 new finds to the list. I look forward to finding other hams here that also like geocaching. I have found one so far.

I'm here. Actually I just registered with Geocaching.com today, having lately become interested in geocaching. I've got an older Garmin E-map gps that's a monochrome affair which was relegated to fishing/diving waypoints some time back so I'll need to get a new handheld. Any suggestions? I'm sure y'all would know what's good and what's not. Anyway, good to see some hams in here. This looks like fun.

paul, de k4cvr

I'm here. Actually I just registered with Geocaching.com today, having lately become interested in geocaching. I've got an older Garmin E-map gps that's a monochrome affair which was relegated to fishing/diving waypoints some time back so I'll need to get a new handheld. Any suggestions? I'm sure y'all would know what's good and what's not. Anyway, good to see some hams in here. This looks like fun.

paul, de k4cvr

Hey Paul de N2VPZ in beautiful downtown Mountain Home Idaho. Don't know if it will help you or not but I got a Garmin Oregon 450 GPS unit and I love it. Very user friendly and accurate. I sprang for the appropriate TOPO chip but THAT I can't say has been too helpful. Anyway, its a great GPS unit.

Hope that helps!

Tony

cpt2008(on Geocaching.com)

Don't know if it will help you or not but I got a Garmin Oregon 450 GPS unit and I love it.

Hi, Tony. Thanks for the response. After posting that yesterday one of my buddies sold me his Magellan 510 with a trade of labor involved for erecting a crank-up tower next weekend. Not a bad deal for me, and while I know virtually nothing about Magellan's usability, they have been around for awhile so that's gotta say something. He had gotten it for the boat but recently bought a Raymarine system for it, instead. This 510's a gigantic step up from the eMap and should be fun messing with it. That Oregon looked pretty cool, too. The low price got me on this one, though. That, and I know the kind of use it's had. Thanks again.

Best 73,

paul

Edited by k4cvr