Any Ham Radio Operators Here?

Guest Anton
Followers 26

Greetings,<BR><BR>I'm a ham radio operator with callsign N2RUD. If you're a ham please send a reply, and we'll end up with a list of hams using this site. Perhaps the site administrator will give us a separate forum, called "GPS & Ham Radio". If you like that idea, say so!<BR><BR>Please leave your name and callsign.<BR><BR>Anton<BR><BR><BR>------------------<BR>Anton Ninno, N2RUD<BR>Syracuse, NY 13210<BR><BR>[This message has been edited by Anton (edited 03-10-2001).]<BR><BR>[This message has been edited by Anton (edited 03-12-2001).]

Greetings,<BR><BR>I'm a ham radio operator with callsign N2RUD. If you're a ham please send a reply, and we'll end up with a list of hams using this site. Perhaps the site administrator will give us a separate forum, called "GPS & Ham Radio". If you like that idea, say so!<BR><BR>Please leave your name and callsign.<BR><BR>Anton<BR><BR><BR>------------------<BR>Anton Ninno, N2RUD<BR>Syracuse, NY 13210<BR><BR>[This message has been edited by Anton (edited 03-10-2001).]<BR><BR>[This message has been edited by Anton (edited 03-12-2001).]

VU2PMC,

Prem, from India

I can't believe that I have been on the forums here for 6 years and have never posted in this thread. LOL. Just never did I guess.

Ok, I am KC7YRA and I am located in central Wyoming. My wife is KE7ZCR. She is a General class who has been licensed about a year. I am an Extra who has been licensed for 13+ years. I got interested in junior high school (middle school to some) and got licensed.

My primary interest is chasing DX on the HF bands. My wife has allowed me to put up a large tower and substantial HF beam. I also have some full sized, ground mounted verticals for 40 and 80. They allow me to chase the DX on the low bands.

When not at the home shack, I operate HF mobile. I spend a lot of time in the back country and use my HF mobile setup a LOT. I have optimized it as best I can and get a fair amount of DX from the mobile.

Even further in the woods, I operate QRP CW and SSB from my 4wheeler. Nothing like chasing (or being chased) from a remote mountain peak somewhere.

Brad

KE5JWE...Used to be N5PIE until I let it lapse...I like the idea of a treasure/fox hunt. I haven't gotten fully setup in APRS yet, still need the TNC, but I have the radios and laptop for it as well as a few GPS units. I have been geocaching for awhile now, but only in my area and never thought of using the 2 together. Great topic...Wayne 73's

Hello From Nevada, 73's because of security reasons and how often I use APRS and the how easy it is to track my locations I will not give my call sign, many of you hams will understand if you use http://aprs.fi/ and how there is a record of every aprs transmission. In 99.9999% of the time its not an issue but I live in a high crime area. The internet forgets nothing. On lighter note aprs is fun with the ham friends I have and are planning to have more outdoor ham radio events county wide, geocache seems to fit right in with all things ham radio like others have mentioned namely radio transmitter foxhunts. Take care all 73's

Good morning. Brand new to geocaching. N8KRT from Mt. Pleasant, MI :laughing:

I'm KA2UCA but never operate. My dad is the big HAM and I got my license back in high school to make him happy. I did operate once from Lesotho, Africa (also to make him happy). Dad is K5LBU plus a bunch of others from Africa.

Dad has geocached in South Africa with his friend from England who is also a HAM. He is going to start doing it with me & my 5 year old son.

We're in the Houston area.

Hi all,

Awesome thread!!! I got my Non-Commercial FCC license in '95 but never used it for Ham! Wanted to but I got in to CB. LOL, don't hate me for it!! Wen't by Starburst & wildfire in ILL & CA on the CB. I'm not on now cuse my antenna died. :C

Thanks for the fun read!!