Any Ham Radio Operators Here?

Guest Anton
Followers 26

KB9UUQ here. Been a Ham Radio operator since 1999, and have been geocaching since 2004 (only 22 finds). Both are excellent hobbies. Just wish there were ways to integrate the two.

Give out counties on the county hunters net,14.336, 7.188 and geocache, this is how I intergrate the two,

Dave,kd1ej

Greetings,<BR><BR>I'm a ham radio operator with callsign N2RUD. If you're a ham please send a reply, and we'll end up with a list of hams using this site. Perhaps the site administrator will give us a separate forum, called "GPS & Ham Radio". If you like that idea, say so!<BR><BR>Please leave your name and callsign.<BR><BR>Anton<BR><BR><BR>------------------<BR>Anton Ninno, N2RUD<BR>Syracuse, NY 13210<BR><BR>[This message has been edited by Anton (edited 03-10-2001).]<BR><BR>[This message has been edited by Anton (edited 03-12-2001).]

Howdy; callsign: N0ERG, in Englewood, CO. There is a group of folks I geocache with about once a month, there's myself, Marty (WA0GEH), Nick (N0LP), Kris (KB0YRZ), a couple more non-hams and my wife, Kyri; she doesn't even carry a gps, but get her in the area and she finds caches quicker than we do. Good eyes!

Greetings,

I am an Amateur Radio Operator, call sign KI2U

I use GPS extensively. We even were required to use it recently

in a rescue event to guide a helicopter into a back country accident

site. There is information on it listed on the ARRL.org website and

also on the dixieham.org website. I would highly encourange any

ham operator to keep their GPS with them all the time. Helicopters

seem to like being able to plug their GPS coordinates in rather than

trying to follow a roadmap.

73 to all

Hal Whiting

Greetings,<BR><BR>I'm a ham radio operator with callsign N2RUD. If you're a ham please send a reply, and we'll end up with a list of hams using this site. Perhaps the site administrator will give us a separate forum, called "GPS & Ham Radio". If you like that idea, say so!<BR><BR>Please leave your name and callsign.<BR><BR>Anton<BR><BR><BR>------------------<BR>Anton Ninno, N2RUD<BR>Syracuse, NY 13210<BR><BR>[This message has been edited by Anton (edited 03-10-2001).]<BR><BR>[This message has been edited by Anton (edited 03-12-2001).]

Hello I am A Ham De AF7J GPS And HAm Radio APRS Know How do you find a Magnetized Travel Bug Using APRS And wouldn't the Car Have to Be Stopped In order to get the Cache?

Hi from Plymouth England, Stuart Charles......callsign G1DIH......73's OM

I'm NA7JD and the name is Jack from Chandler, Az. I also do geocaching as Hog76

Hi, this is Jodie in Michigan. I'm KD8BAF. I've been geocaching since 2001. My husband Ben usually comes along on the cache hunts and has found many of our 535 caches himself. We both got our callsigns in 2005 but haven't had a chance to get on the air much yet.

We are still trying to scratch up enough cash to get a good HF rig and get our General licenses! Maybe after that we'll want to link up with some caching hams in our region. I like the idea of a ham caching event where everyone checks into the net to get the coords! It would also be funny if it were possible to make a cache into a "fox" and have somebody drive around with it while everybody else tried to DF the radio on the vehicle the cache was in! :)

73, everyone!

P.S. If both houses of Congress voted to take the day off to go cache hunting,

would that be geopolitics?

KD5LUF & KD5SQW Romance, Ar 73

KI6YSK

Mountain View, CA

Got my call sign today. Heard about APRS and that was my motivation for getting licensed. I will use it for 4x4 geocaching. Researching radios now, for my 4x4 leaning toward a Kenwood TM-D710A linked eventually with a AvMap 65. Thought the TH-D7A(G) would be my HH, only to find it is no longer made so the Yaesu VX-8R/E is next to research.

Edited by MotorBug

Gary Nikkola, KE4GPC, Sitka, AK