Any Ham Radio Operators Here?

Guest Anton
Followers 26

KC6ZNT, Mountain View, California. When I was a ham operator I took classes with the Red Cross for emergency operations to assist federal, state and local emergency agencies with their services. This assistance was well defined and our training also well defined. For those of us interested in both HAM Radio and GPS it would be exciting to combine both activities. To this end, maybe the Red Cross, and other emergency agencies, would work with us on a needs assessment to see if both interests could be of value to them.

KC6ZNT, Mountain View, California. When I was a ham operator I took classes with the Red Cross for emergency operations to assist federal, state and local emergency agencies with their services. This assistance was well defined and our training also well defined. For those of us interested in both HAM Radio and GPS it would be exciting to combine both activities. To this end, maybe the Red Cross, and other emergency agencies, would work with us on a needs assessment to see if both interests could be of value to them.

I've been caching since 2004 and just became a HAM last November. Last Friday night I was able to use my GPS and Ham radio when the large animal emergency evaucation group I volunteer with was put on stand-by to evacuate animals for a nearby fire. We live in the country where our narrow roads turn and wind throughout the hills so the GPS was invaluable in getting me "there"... the radio was essential as we don't always have cell phone coverage.

Thanks for the information about the Red Cross training you received as a HAM. I think I'll check into any training they might offer.

I remember in the 70's attending hamfests in southeast TX, we used to hunt radios on 2M. As a hunter, I built myself a handheld, very directional yagi to use hunting the transmitter. It got to be pretty easy, actually, so we spiced it up a bit. First, we had to engage the "rabbit" with specific questions. Then, the rabbit was permitted to move. Pretty fun, as I recall.

Greetings,<BR><BR>I'm a ham radio operator with callsign N2RUD. If you're a ham please send a reply, and we'll end up with a list of hams using this site. Perhaps the site administrator will give us a separate forum, called "GPS & Ham Radio". If you like that idea, say so!<BR><BR>Please leave your name and callsign.<BR><BR>Anton<BR><BR><BR>------------------<BR>Anton Ninno, N2RUD<BR>Syracuse, NY 13210<BR><BR>[This message has been edited by Anton (edited 03-10-2001).]<BR><BR>[This message has been edited by Anton (edited 03-12-2001).]

Greetings,<BR><BR>I'm a ham radio operator with callsign N2RUD. If you're a ham please send a reply, and we'll end up with a list of hams using this site. Perhaps the site administrator will give us a separate forum, called "GPS & Ham Radio". If you like that idea, say so!<BR><BR>Please leave your name and callsign.<BR><BR>Anton<BR><BR><BR>------------------<BR>Anton Ninno, N2RUD<BR>Syracuse, NY 13210<BR><BR>[This message has been edited by Anton (edited 03-10-2001).]<BR><BR>[This message has been edited by Anton (edited 03-12-2001).]

n9ggz here i am one 73

Hello,

K5AFB here in Head of Island, La.

NF1U

Burlington, CT

Fred

Greetings,

KE7VS

Neal Bloomenrader

Yes Sir..

WB9HZX

Southern Indiana, Good in the callbook

The name here is Eric, been caching western AR, eastern OK and southern MO for past couple of years, I've been a ham for quite a few more years. I am active on APRS as KB5SPZ-3. Look forward to talking with any and all in the group. 73s

Eric

KB5SPZ

Sorry if I had posted here before. But I am not going to sit and read 32 pages.

I am KF4OOX in Sharon, Pa. At home I have 6m, 2m & 440mhz. In my car I have 6m, 2m & 440mhz. I am active on the bands I have. I also do allot of public service. Just yesterday I was out at a stop on the MS150 Escape to lake erie bike-a-thon.

I hope this helps.

kf4oox - Paul