Any Ham Radio Operators Here?

Guest Anton
Followers 26

I have been a ham since 1981. Apparently I am what they call a muggle.

I have no interest in geocaching but I am interested in GPS, mapping, etc.

and Groundspeak is about the best place I have found for GPS information.

I used to be very active on HF digital modes and 220 & 440 FM and messed with APRS a little

but I sold most of my rigs when I moved into an antenna restricted place a few years ago.

KJ7AZ here. I've been a ham since the early 80's. I built the first APRS systems in Wyoming in 1998 and 99. I recently gave them all up and changed the callsigns to N7ZEF. I only just last month took down the KJ7AZ I-Gate just because I've lost interest. I was majorly into packet for years and years and had the first packet nodes and BBS in the area. You'll find me on 7.272 or 7.240 voice weekdays around noon for the nets. I occasionally listen to 146.61 around Rock Springs or 146.76 around Rawlins. Geocaching is just SOOOOOOOO much more fun than ham radio.

VE7EDM and VA7EMM aka 7Squared

Greetings,<BR><BR>I'm a ham radio operator with callsign N2RUD. If you're a ham please send a reply, and we'll end up with a list of hams using this site. Perhaps the site administrator will give us a separate forum, called "GPS & Ham Radio". If you like that idea, say so!<BR><BR>Please leave your name and callsign.<BR><BR>Anton<BR><BR><BR>------------------<BR>Anton Ninno, N2RUD<BR>Syracuse, NY 13210<BR><BR>[This message has been edited by Anton (edited 03-10-2001).]<BR><BR>[This message has been edited by Anton (edited 03-12-2001).]

Greetings,<BR><BR>I'm a ham radio operator with callsign N2RUD. If you're a ham please send a reply, and we'll end up with a list of hams using this site. Perhaps the site administrator will give us a separate forum, called "GPS & Ham Radio". If you like that idea, say so!<BR><BR>Please leave your name and callsign.<BR><BR>Anton<BR><BR><BR>------------------<BR>Anton Ninno, N2RUD<BR>Syracuse, NY 13210<BR><BR>[This message has been edited by Anton (edited 03-10-2001).]<BR><BR>[This message has been edited by Anton (edited 03-12-2001).]

I am a HAM....

KC9DRE is my call sign.

Dave

KI6JXA

Brett Bayley

Hi, I'm a Ham KI6EZB since last year, so am still relatively new at it. Been in Geocaching since May of 02.

We have a very active caching community in the San Diego area. I got my Ham license mainly for safety as we do lots of caching in the back country and desert. <_<

KI4ITI (Josh) in Huntsville/Cullman (work/home), here.

Where is everybody from? Seems like we could get a better idea of how to connect if we had a Frappr map or something with all the ham-radio-geocachers' general locations. I like the idea of organizing an occasional net, maybe on one of the IRLP reflector channels? If any of you I've already seen posting about it come up with something or want some help, let me know what I can do. I'll at least give it a try.

Josh KI4ITI

KC8PZA here

I just moved to Portland OR in September.I am from Michigan.

Edited by FEMA MAN

I am a Ham operator and i just got my lisense, my call sign is kd0dck. I love this idea!!!!!

-Justin or BringOnTheCache

Garry ( barjjake) VE6CIA Red Deer, AB Canada

I like the idea of a GPS & Ham Radio group.

Check the site http://aprs.fi/?call=VE6cia-9&mt=m&amp...timerange=86400

It is related to http://www.storesonline.com/site/987284/page/926956

Look on the geocaching site for the "Most Unique Cache Ever"

73's de N5DP, Don in Pfafftown, NC

http://www.ayefon.com - Unique software for your iPhone

N6BLU

Magalia, CA

Just got my ticket a month ago.

KD7YZU here. Bluecruz: My parents live in Paradise and my wife and kids lived in Magalia (to be near my parents) while I was stationed at King Salmon, Alaska. Our home town is Chester.

K7JZK - Fiddler

K7ASK - Golddollar

Our geocache name is Fiddler and Golddollar, based in Tombstone, Arizona