Any Ham Radio Operators Here?

Guest Anton
Followers 26

73 from the Swabian Alb/ Southern Germany (JN48LH)

Tom, DL4NSE (read suffix as enesii :cool: )

I'm pretty new to GCing, but have been a licensed ham since '82.

I can report a radio-related cache very close to my qth & know of at least one that can be found by radio-direction, but that one uses PMR as a more commonly used equipment; might be that makes more sense for the whole GC'ing community than limiting it to the ham-bands, only.

just my two €-cents... :cool:

Greetings,<BR><BR>I'm a ham radio operator with callsign N2RUD. If you're a ham please send a reply, and we'll end up with a list of hams using this site. Perhaps the site administrator will give us a separate forum, called "GPS & Ham Radio". If you like that idea, say so!<BR><BR>Please leave your name and callsign.<BR><BR>Anton<BR><BR><BR>------------------<BR>Anton Ninno, N2RUD<BR>Syracuse, NY 13210<BR><BR>[This message has been edited by Anton (edited 03-10-2001).]<BR><BR>[This message has been edited by Anton (edited 03-12-2001).]

:blink: this is pretty cool just searching the geocaching web site and came arcoss this thought that I would respond. My call is KD7KBE Wenatchee Washington. Washington State that is. Just looking for some information on how to do a few things with my GPS still seaching to see if I can find someone to help me.

Greetings,<BR><BR>I'm a ham radio operator with callsign N2RUD. If you're a ham please send a reply, and we'll end up with a list of hams using this site. Perhaps the site administrator will give us a separate forum, called "GPS & Ham Radio". If you like that idea, say so!<BR><BR>Please leave your name and callsign.<BR><BR>Anton<BR><BR><BR>------------------<BR>Anton Ninno, N2RUD<BR>Syracuse, NY 13210<BR><BR>[This message has been edited by Anton (edited 03-10-2001).]<BR><BR>[This message has been edited by Anton (edited 03-12-2001).]

Hi,

this is DG9dcf.

My name is Uwe.

Please keep my up to date concerning Geocaching and Hamradio topics!

I do ARDF as well!

Greetings

Uwe

KE7LAR Ritzville, WA

FCC finally processed my new call- K7WCB. Currently rated at Tech, will have my General in August. I took both the Tech and General test at the same time in February and passed both, just haven't have time to go talk to the VEC's and get my upgrade. They only meet once a month and work schedules haven't been playing nice since April.

K- cause W was already taken

7- cause that's where I be

W \

C - my initials

B /

KT4JW

Z-Wolf

KE5AFR

Sergio Moore Jr

Brownsville, Tx

Hi I am GW7AAU - Helen

I am into Geocaching and combine this with my Amateur Radio operating while taking part in the SOTA (Summits On The Air) SOTA

There are many caches placed on the summits and refered to as SOTAcaches http://www.summitcaching.org.uk/

We leave QSL cards in all caches we find if they are big enough as well as a small token, my children love caching and it has given us all many hours of fresh air, enjoyment and frustration in some cases :laughing:

Happy DX and Caching

Edited by GW7AAU

N9SND in south central Illinois

I know nothing about Ham radio, and not much more about GPS, but could you tell this novice how Ham radio and GPS mesh? I thought Ham operators were folks who sat at their sets in their basements all night long talking to people in Borneo and such. GPS is an outdoor thing. So I'm not making the connection. Could someone enlighten me?

hey:) ham has come a long way... where hams still do sit in their shacks and basements to talk on their home rigs, nowadays there are very sophisticated hand held radios that are very popular among hams for chatting... when caching i carry my yaesu vx7r... i talk with local hams, listen to local police and sheriffs frequencys and chat with hams that i am caching with while driving seperate :D even listen to the fm radio sometimes while night caching.....

Edited by drew82

N3VMM

Dennis Nichols

Columbia County,PA

Been a ham since 1995, I've used APRS a lot...right now laptop crapped out on me unable to do it right now and also having issues with my thd7a as well. When I go out I scan local repeaters and simplex freqs . Haven't been out geochaching in a while