Any Ham Radio Operators Here?

Guest Anton
Followers 26

VK2JDR down under.

I would like to see a GPS/Ham link. I think there would be a lot of interest in fox hunting / geo tracking combination leading to the same point. Could even incorporate APRS remote using Ham radio to lead the hunter to the fox from base station.

Went out on my first hunt this morning. The location of the geo cache was on a hill. What a great point for setting up a portable station for contesting.

73 David VK2JDR icon_biggrin.gif

As a Ham and Pres of a radio club, I too would like to see some activity involving the combo of Geo-caching and ham radio. Any ideas?

I suggest we monitor 146.52 while caching.

quote:
Originally posted by dex:

VK2JDR down under.

I would like to see a GPS/Ham link. I think there would be a lot of interest in fox hunting / geo tracking combination leading to the same point. Could even incorporate APRS remote using Ham radio to lead the hunter to the fox from base station.

Went out on my first hunt this morning. The location of the geo cache was on a hill. What a great point for setting up a portable station for contesting.

73 David VK2JDR icon_biggrin.gif

Good Idea on the forum. My call is W9AX and also suggest that 146.52 be a national calling freq. Bill

quote:
Originally posted by Anton:

Greetings,

I'm a ham radio operator with callsign N2RUD. If you're a ham please send a reply, and we'll end up with a list of hams using this site. Perhaps the site administrator will give us a separate forum, called "GPS & Ham Radio". If you like that idea, say so!

Please leave your name and callsign.

Anton

------------------

Anton Ninno, N2RUD

Syracuse, NY 13210

[This message has been edited by Anton (edited 03-10-2001).]

[This message has been edited by Anton (edited 03-12-2001).]

Yes, a UK (H)am radio operator, Alan's the name and my callsign is M0TFT. I use a Magellan GPS (yellow) and wish that it would display (IARU)-Maidenhead type co-ordinates (just in case anyone from Magellan looks here...)

All the best Alan

de kd5jxu & kd5lvp. we are active with our local ham club Mayes County amatuer radio club. I am the vp and Regina is the sec. we are active with packet and aprs. qrp is our nitch we enjoy 2 meter qrp with fellow Ham Cachers. we have discussed a ham/cache club any interest e-mail me kd5jxu@arrl.net I am currently working on a 100mw 2meter becon to assist in caching. call it fox/cache hunt,hihi

Rich and the tribe

Rich Conn

kd5jxu@arrl.net

145.130 -

146.500 simplex

This is WB7DRB, my XYL is KE6KNO. We live in our RV and have been on the road since my retirement 10 years ago. We are newby's to Geo caching, and have been on one hunt with the people that introduced us to it. Just bought a Magellan sport trak pro, and am trying to learn how to use it. Ham Radio and Geo Caching just seem to be a natural couple, "don't wander deep into unknown territory without your handheld" We are presently on Steamboat Island, Olympia, Wa. visiting family. 73's WB7DRB Frank

HEY fellow hams Feild day is next weekend. June 28 and 29. after the 4th of july I will be setting up a echolink so let's have a net or some thing. Any local hams of NE Oklahoma contact me for a get to gather in the fall. I am going to have a beacon set up so you can find it.

Rich Conn

kd5jxu@arrl.net

145.130 -

146.500 simplex

N8PZT, Stephen, a Radio Amateur in Traverse City, Michigan. Also a geocacher, have MAP 330 will-travel icon_wink.gif.

{--Firefishe--}

...Caching In on the Journey

Flat_MiGeo_B88.gif

---------------------------

The year is 2003.

The name is S.A. Brown.

BrowNAV (Brown Navigation)

---------------------------