Location - New Cache Listing

Olar

Occasionally I run across a new cache listing where the owner has not indicated the "state/province" in which it has been placed. I'm sure these are all oversights when entering cache details but does make it more time consuming when scanning the search list. Can that particular field in the form be changed to a mandatory *required information?

Cheers, Olar

wavey.gif

No. Not unless the State/Province drop down list includes every sub division of every country in the world! Hardly practical nor desirable, think of the length of the list.

Please recognise that Geocaching is a worldwide activity and the State/Province field only applies to a couple of countries out of the many that already have caches.

I came accross this cache description which, in it's structure, has caused it to be listed as a new country:

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.asp?ID=25730

the cache description of it being in South Carolina, Upper Volta, caused the database to create Upper Volta as a country.

I'm sure the cache placer is scratching his/her head wondering why nobody has gone after it!

Mike (The DirtMan) Pellerin

aka Badger

dirtman@iname.com

Jason Dobson

aka "Jay" "J"

Myth8499@aol.com