Gas prices...

Nope, don't really think about it. Couple of weeks ago I wasted 5 gallons on an aborted cache trip. Got about 25 miles from home and the "check engine" light started flashing. Wasn't about to continue, so shut the Jeep down for a bit, started up and the flashing stopped, so headed home. At 12 mpg, that was a costly waste of time <_<

The yanks on here don't know how good they have it!!! Here in Canada, we are paying $1.30 a litre...which works out to be $4.94/US Gallon.

I would be happier with $1.30 a litre - we are at $1.45 or $1.46. I've actually stopped paying attention because it hurts so much when I pay. And yes, that is for 87 octane. 89 is 3 cents more, and 91 is another 3 cents more.

Our maximum price has been regulated for a few years here, but it hasn't done much to keep the costs down.

The good news is that prices are forecast to drop by around 7 cents tonight! Fingers crossed!

It hasn't stopped my caching - work and life have held me up more, and there are plenty of caches that I can walk or bike to from home. I need to work on those.

Edited by skisidedown

The yanks on here don't know how good they have it!!! Here in Canada, we are paying $1.30 a litre...which works out to be $4.94/US Gallon.

Yep. We do moan. But that's because we've been doing everything to ensure our petroleum addiction remains high:

Built highways everhwere, removed passenger trains everwhere.

Film, television, books, etc, glorying petrol guzzling vehicles.

Stick our noses into the affairs of other countries to ensure a steady supply.

We'll be at 10$ a gallon some day, too. Hopefully we start moving back to a decent national rail network, but I dont' see it happening soon.

The problem with public transportation in the US is that most of it is set up for getting people to and from work. Some cities don't even get that right. If you don't have enough parking or any parking at all near a station how do expect people to use it? You can only walk from so far. That's assuming that you don't have to go out of your way to use it and it actually gets you close to were you want to go.

Amtrak is a joke. It takes longer and costs the same as driving but then you left without a car to get around. Amtrak doesn't even have a stop in the state that my in-laws live in.

Yep. We do moan. But that's because we've been doing everything to ensure our petroleum addiction remains high:

Built highways everhwere, removed passenger trains everwhere.

Film, television, books, etc, glorying petrol guzzling vehicles.

Stick our noses into the affairs of other countries to ensure a steady supply.

We'll be at 10$ a gallon some day, too. Hopefully we start moving back to a decent national rail network, but I dont' see it happening soon.

With 80% of the US gas coming from North American sources and the price of a barrel lower now then it was this time a year ago but prices still high, foreign dependance is easy to blame but hardly the reason.