pocket query notification

machdichdaraus

Unless I am misunderstanding your concern.....

You can simply preview the PQs anytime you want without actually running them and generating the PQ file. On the PQ screen - there are a few buttons near the beginning of each line including a mapping option.

If you still want the PQ file generated - just don't want to hear about it - there is no site option to do that currently but you could setup an email rule in your mail client to simply shuffle those emails off to the trash.

If the PQ returns more than 500 caches then you will not be sent the .zip or .gpx files in an email attachment. Just make your PQs bigger! If that doesn't work for what you want to do then I'd follow StarBrands advice. Set up a rule in your mail to delete any PQs that show up. Just make sure that the rule is delete the email and NOT to place it in the spam folder or to mark it as spam. That can cause problems for you later and it will cause problems for other geocaches that use the same email service as you.

Yep, i just claimed to get the gpx files of my PQs, but don't want the notification about their generation...

Hm ok. I'll try to set up a filter in my mailapp - hope it will not delete any other mails from geocaching.com.

Thanks for those solutions!

So what are you going to do when the server is running way slow and your PQ isn't available for several hours?

hey geocacher,

is there a possibility to disable the notification for available pocket queries?

i just want to use pqs to search and filter caches around my homezone and get them up2date.

thanks 4 help!

You can build your PQ and preview the results from your computer (which is what I understand you are after) but if you don't actually want the PDX file generated by the PQ (and its associated email) just don't tick the date box.

So you leave which day of the week at the top of the form unchecked, fill in the rest of the parameters and click on the submit bottom at the end of the form. The query will run and you should be able to see the results as a list or plotted on a map.

Yep, i just claimed to get the gpx files of my PQs, but don't want the notification about their generation...

Hm ok. I'll try to set up a filter in my mailapp - hope it will not delete any other mails from geocaching.com.

Thanks for those solutions!

So what are you going to do when the server is running way slow and your PQ isn't available for several hours?

He'll wait. That's what he'd have to do anyways. He won't get the PQ in email any sooner than from the webpage and the webpage saves the PQs for 6 or 7 days.

I mainly download from the webpage. When I have a fast internet connection I don't feel it necessary to add logging in to my email and downloading from there when I can just download directly from the website. I travel a bit and sometimes find that I can't get a fast internet connection and my downloads will timeout. That's where the emails are better. I'll get an email account on a local server and change my email address. Email doesn't timeout (usually) and since the server is local my download no longer timesout.

He'll wait.

What, sitting there hitting F5? Without an email telling you when it's ready, that's what you'd have to do. Doesn't sound like my idea of fun.

Exactly my point.

I can do other things while waiting for the email that says "Your PQ is ready now, sir."

He'll wait.

What, sitting there hitting F5? Without an email telling you when it's ready, that's what you'd have to do. Doesn't sound like my idea of fun.

Exactly my point.

I can do other things while waiting for the email that says "Your PQ is ready now, sir."

Well, I suppose if you want to act like a complete noob and pound the F5 key for 3 straight hours then that is your prerogative. I'm not advocating getting rid of the email notification altogether. Although it would be nice if there was an option to turn it on and off. Like I said I find having my PQs emailed to me useful in certain situations but I prefer to download them from the website.

I prefer to download them from the website.

Me too. And no, i don't wait for them being generated ;)

Some really strange answers here... well, maybe it's my bad english making them searching for the reason why i want disable the notification :>

I get few PQs daily for update reason. You can also see the generate date of all PQs at the download section of the website, so you don't need to be notified by mail (in my opinion)...

But ok, now i know there is no hidden function to disable this mailnotifications so thanks again.

This thread is closed for me.

Edited by machdichdaraus