Road Trip geocache searching.. I WISH!

calla_flower

wouldn't it be great (and this is probably a stretch) if we could do a search for caches you can look for while on a road trip. say, you are going from your house to... grandma's house, over the river and through the woods about 150 miles away. and you could find where caches are x number of miles off of the planned route, so you could have some fun along the way..

i just wish there was an easy way to do that...

now if i'm jut blind and not seeing it.. PLEASE let me know.

This thread and this other thread are two of the many places where workarounds for the "search along a route" problem have been discussed. Problem is, you either need mapping software or Pocket Queries (available to charter members).

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

I was formerly employed by the Department of Redundancy Department, but I don't work there anymore.

Another thing you can do is search by STATE. And it shows all the caches along with all the major highways and most streets the more you zoom in. If you know your maps well enough, you can look at this map and it shows all the geocaches along the road. Do a search for your typical cache close to your zipcode and when the page of caches appears up at the top there should be a few choices. One being search "locationless" and another being search by STATE or something along those lines. Sure there is an easier way but I always start by using my zipcode then look at the map exiting my zipcode towards my destination.

Morty

GeoCache now, die later!