Geocaching.com maps

matmob

Is anyone else annoyed at the new maps on the geocaching.com site? Google maps were far better - the new ones don't have all the roads on them - if you zoom in you don't see the minor roads. Quite useless if you want to see where to go before going out into the field.

Hi matmob,

From my understanding I will try and find the link for you, is that high end uses of google maps have to pay a price to use there services.

There fore to redue costs and still be able to offer both a free membership and a low rate premiun membership they changed map server.

Remember that you can still open up google maps for each cache to see what else in around. I have found that the missing minor roads

are made up for with the showing of walking trails. So you lose one and gain another.

Now look for link on details.

JABs.

GCA Forums

Hi

Aussie Geocachers use these forums much more so you will get a reply if you post there

As for the post by akkatracker, I think what you will find they are saying is alot of Ozzies use

the GCA forums as they are in Australian time not US time and there for any reply to a post

will usally be answered in our time.

You will find a section on there forum for questions about GC.

JABs.

Is anyone else annoyed at the new maps on the geocaching.com site? Google maps were far better - the new ones don't have all the roads on them - if you zoom in you don't see the minor roads. Quite useless if you want to see where to go before going out into the field.

Firefox and Greasemonkey will get the Google maps back for you.

Thanks for that. I was quite annoyed that I couldn't get the aerial maps. My life has been made easier. Thanks again