How do I log a cache with Brit Grid co-ords?

and9rich

I'm trying to log my first cache and I want to use my tried and trusted brit grid co-ords (NO 08561 BNG 24659).

When it comes to the form it only seems to allow for decimal options. I can change my GPS (garmin etrex) to decimal settings but none of these seem to fit appropriately?

Any help or advice would be gratefully received.

and9rich

The Geocaching website exclusively uses decimal minutes as the co-ordinate format. If you want to use some other format for your own purposes, you can easily convert to whatever you like to use.

If you want to show your your Brit Grid numbers (either in a log or for a cache you are hiding) you can only put them in the text somewhere.

I'm trying to log my first cache........

Seeings as how you have already logged 33 caches, we are guessing that you mean list your first cache.

Follow the advice of previous postings.

Nitpicking:

"submit for review" your first cache hide.

:)

Keeping up the picky theme, you need to remember that the OS grid system is just that, a symmetrical grid whereas with the lat long system the longitude lines are not parallel. The OS grid uses the OSBG-36 datum while the lat/long system used for geocaching uses WGS84.

According to this article this means a difference of 126 m at Greenwich.