Log Cache without having signed logbook?

CometStrike

Hi,

I just registered here a couple of days ago. I was made aware of geocashing by a colleague of mine, who often uses free time when on business trips to go geocaching. In order to kill time I went along some times and now finally decided that its quite a nice thing to do :D (and that there are many intersting riddles/mysteries out there that are fun to solve). Of course, as I didn´t have a username yet I never signed the logs in the meantime (which amount to maybe 30 caches over the last 1.5 years in places I´m unlikely to visit again).

What do you think about logging those caches, if there´s only another cacher who could attest that I really have been there, but no entry has been made to the log or a photo of me there to proof it? Are there any specific rules to geocaching that apply here, is there a general code of cunduct or is it just personal preferance on how to handle it?

I`d appreciate your answers, as I don´t want to make some severe mistake right after signing up just out of ignorance.

Greetings,

CometStrike

Welcome to the game :)

You probably appreciate that the general rule accepted by most cachers, for most circumstances, is "No name in the log book = no Find"

However...

You were there with your friend, you hunted, you found/helped find the caches?

I suggest you log a find for each one, back-dated to the correct day you were there with your friend so that the logs appear together. Write something like, "Found this one with my friend (CachingName) and have now set up my own account and I'm back logging these finds."

I think you'll find that most cache owners will be happy enough to let the log stand but be prepared that a few might delete the Find.

MrsB :)

Don't worry about it OP, just...

I suggest you log a find for each one, back-dated to the correct day you were there with your friend so that the logs appear together. Write something like, "Found this one with my friend (CachingName) and have now set up my own account and I'm back logging these finds."

Strongly doubt whether anyone will delete a log! :)