search for archived caches

Xnekal

Nope. Archived caches are not part of PQs.

Why??

Because the frog does not want you looking for them. They might have been archived at the request of a land owner or land manager.

I actually meant - why would you want a PQ of archived caches? - but thanks for the more complete answer... B)

Why??

Because the frog does not want you looking for them. They might have been archived at the request of a land owner or land manager.

I actually meant - why would you want a PQ of archived caches? - but thanks for the more complete answer... B)

Ah, yes, I always wondered why folks want to search for archived caches. Guess they think they are going to get lucky and score an ammo can.

Actually the reason that I ask is because I want to know where caches have been. Do I want to put a cache in that area. How did the cache fare with muggles. Did it get a good amount of traffic. Essentially research for putting out caches.

And yes the old Premium geocaching map did let you display archived caches.

Why??

Ah, yes, I always wondered why folks want to search for archived caches. Guess they think they are going to get lucky and score an ammo can.

Well I didn't care about scoring an ammo can, but I ended up with one (link). I think it's fun seeing if some supposedly long-gone cache is still there or not, I have a few others I'd like to go check on if the opportunity arises. In the case of the one I found, jholly is 100% correct, it had been archived at the request of the MN DNR, but never picked up by the owner. If you're wondering, I did contact the original owner who said he still had plenty of ammo cans and I could do whatever I wanted with the one I picked up (still have it, trying to decide where it should go ~ maybe a tribute to the original owner 'butcho' for all he did in the early days in my state).