Function for group caching

NW-Wanderpaddler

Hello,

i didn't checked the forum, so i make a new posting for my question. Maybe it's a proposal for a new function.

Last weekend i was on tour with some family members.

Each of us have an own account.

Everyone made his own entry in the logbook of the cache and had to sign it at the internet page.

I used the android app to make a real time logging. The other did it via the garmin gps device or wrote the found data in a booklet and signed it later at home.

Now my question.

Is there any possibility to create a group user, which can be used during group caching, so we can log this member only and get a automatic logging for each person. Later each person can edit his standard or the group account entry entry to it own text.

Or does anyone know how to act like this on an easy way?

A proposal for the app, is to insert a check-box/drop down menu at the "post a log/field note page" to select known friends which have also found this cache with you at this time.

Greeting an thanx for answer

Andreas

I suspect it would introduce all kinds of problems.

* If a group member is absent, the "logger" has to remember to opt them out.

* If there is some kind of disagreement, the "logger" could opt out participants that were present.

* The primary logger forgets his personal password and so starts logging with the group account for their non-group finds.

* The group leader quits caching, leaving the rest of the group members orphaned.

For cache owners who validate logs with the paper log, this increases the difficulty of validating the log.

I'm sure there's more.

Austin

Sign the cache log with a team name, and then each team member is responsible for logging their own online log.

That's what my daughters and I do. When we are together we log as "team-3D", which stands for dad, daughters , and dog. When we get home we do our own logs under our individual name but reference that we signed the log with our team name.