Geocaching desktop icons

Tap & Toe

I recently put some shortcuts on my desktop to (a) a geocache search, and (:) a travel bug. They automatically came up with cool Geocaching logo icons. However, when I rebooted my machine, the Geocaching icons were replaced by generic IE icons. How do I get back the Geocaching.com icons?

Okay, you have likely encountered "Hello, my name is Internet Ex... um... Who am I?" syndrome. Although Microsoft was the creator of the scheme by which your shortcuts had pretty icons, they are pitiful when it comes to actually *keeping* the icons set. No worries, though, we can use the knowledge of IE iconnery to permanently stamp the icon on the shortcuts.

Right-click this URL: http://www.geocaching.com/favicon.ico

Choose "Save target as..."

Save that icon as whatever you want, say, "C:WindowsGeocaching.ico"

Right-click your shortcut and choose "Properties"

Click the "Change Icon" button

Select your Geocaching.com icon (either type the full path or just browse to the icon file)

Click OK all the way out

Enjoy! icon_wink.gif

[[[ ClayJar Networks ]]]

Home of Watcher downloads, Official Geocaching Chat, and the Geocache Rating System

That looks like a great program, but you cannot download it unless you're a subscriber to PC Magazine. I'm gonna check www.tucows.com for something similar.

Has anybody thought of making a geocaching.com theme for the desktop? Perhaps a screensaver? Wallpaper? This could be available from the main www.geocaching.com website.. perhaps in links/downloads?

I think that'd be a neat download.

southdeltan