Its time sign post caches went the way of virtuals

Its time sign post caches went the way of virtual caches( which were a damm sight better.)

You don't need a GPS to find Caches just look on any sign post you pass and there will be a magnetic micro or macro even in the wilds of Northumberland.

This hobby has now sunk to the depths that I predicted a number of years ago.

On a bike ride this weekend the best cache we did we did not find. the rest were nanos/micros most stuck on signs where anyone with a bit of imagination could have placed a decent cache somewhere close by.

Is this type of cache set by fat lumps who cannot walk more that a few feet. My guess is they are.

Its time sign post caches went the way of virtual caches( which were a damm sight better.)

You don't need a GPS to find Caches just look on any sign post you pass and there will be a magnetic micro or macro even in the wilds of Northumberland.

On a bike ride this weekend the best cache we did we did not find. the rest were nanos/micros most stuck on signs where anyone with a bit of imagination could have placed a decent cache somewhere close by.

Is this type of cache set by fat lumps who cannot walk more that a few feet. My guess is they are.

In some ways, I agree with you but I have to ask....if you dislike these nano's and micro's so much, why do you seek them out? Why not seek out caches which are small, regular or large and utilise the favourite points system so you find caches of reasonable quality? As for this type of cache being set by 'fat lumps', I think this is a questionable comment but you are entitled to your opinion.

As far as I know, reviewers have no way of knowing that a cache has been placed on a sign post. How do you propose they 'go the same way as virtuals'?

There are quite a few series which are aimed at completion by car. This would be our worst nightmare and we would never contemplate doing them. Why not adopt a similar policy with micro's and nano's and steer clear of those with few or no favourite points awarded?

We are big advocators of the favourite points system and our caching life has become much more enjoyable since it was introduced. We don’t find anywhere near as many but those we do find are generally worth finding.

Edited for dizpikable speling :rolleyes: .

Edited by thehoomer

If you have Premium Membership, it's easy to run a PQ to list caches hidden earlier than 2007 (for example), before 'everything went wrong'. GSAK will let you apply the same sorting method to an existing personal cache database too. If you want, specifically, 'caches which bring me somewhere special' try 2005 and earlier. On the other hand, go somewhere special and see if there are any caches in the area. You can't fail to win that way, as you're already somewhere interesting and fun...? As for fat lumps, as an ex fat lump myself, I'd say some of my best caches were hidden when I was 20+ stone. The only correlation between weight and cache-hides is the thickness of branches for micros hidden up trees... <_<

On a bike ride this weekend the best cache we did we did not find.

You had better stick to those nanos/micros stuck on signs where anyone with a bit of imagination could have placed a decent cache somewhere close by then...... if you cant find the good ones? :laughing:

So all CO's that own drive-by's are fat lumps? :rolleyes:

But jesting apart (and I was only jesting!)I would love virtuals to return.

I have only ever done about 4 but loved them, I just don't get those munzie things?

Well I came here to ask a question on etiquette and saw this, seeing as it would seem the caches you are complaining about include my caches I must reply!

I take it the caches you are complaining about are:

Spooky House & Franks Plantation

Both these caches were set-up for an event we organised last Easter which was attended by over 80 people and were set within walking distance of the event.

Spooky House was placed within views of the folly on the hill, a fellow cacher at the event actually told us a lot of information about it so I'm glad I placed one there.

Franks Plantation was originally a box at different co-ords but after it was muggled twice I decided to change it to a keysafe on the post - I really wonder why you even attempted this one as we disabled it AGAIN after it was muggled a third time - how can you complain about a cache that was disabled some 6 weeks ago!?

I understand to a degree your original complaint but BOTH these are listed as micros so what did you expect to find?

Should you decide you'd like to carry on with our caches may I suggest you try our Woodland Walk series Woodland Walk I'm proud that these 5 caches have 38 Fave points or our Multi A Galivant Aboot Alnwick or even Chapa'Ai if you want to work your brain cells.

I was going to leave it at that but I've just re-read your original post about "Fat Lumps who can't walk more than a few feet" - I broke my back whilst serving OUR COUNTRY during Desert Storm in '91 your remark has really offended us, we'd be more offended if we actually fit your description!!

I'm stunned, disappointed and absolutely furious at your last sentence!

We all cache in our own way, if you don't like it don't do it!! Simples

Most folks would know the cache was on a sign post, usually by the name of the cache, the hint or looking at a map to where it is located, what kind of caches did you expect to find while out on bikes if not roadside caches?

I find this Is this type of cache set by fat lumps who cannot walk more that a few feet. My guess is they are. quite offensive, :( these kind of road side caches are maybe the only ones cachers with children, elderly cachers or disabled cachers are abled to attempt and at the very least it is getting people out and about.

I have a series of 100 mostly drive by caches that are more about the scenery than the caching. Does that make me a "fat lump"? :ph34r:

Mandy :D

Edited by Us 4 and Jess

Should you decide you'd like to carry on with our caches may I suggest you try our Woodland Walk series Woodland Walk I'm proud that these 5 caches have 38 Fave points

I added one of those Fav points, can't believe it was a year ago this week when we were on holiday near Seahouses. I still intend to nick the idea of Stop Thief later this year for one of my caches - it's the type of cache I REALLY enjoy.

Yes, there are some low-imagination/lkazy signpost caches out there, but I think it's a bit harsh to tar them all with the same brush. I've got a signpost cache myself...which I chose to set not our of lazyness, but because I found somewhere for a slightly devious hide.

I thought I'd take a quick look through the old logs for that cache to see what the general opinion of visitors has been. Reassuringly (for me) the comments in the logs are generally quite positive....including one from a team called The Spokes who said "Best hiding place for a cache to date. Brilliant"

In my case, I'm most certainly not a fat lump...and I can happily walk many miles in a day. I chose to set the signpost cache because it's on a bit of quiet road which is eminently walkable/bikeable (not a busy road suitable only for motorised drive-by caching)

I like the easy terrain caches (which most sign posts will be) due to medical problems, some days doing over a short walk isn't possible for me.

Fat lump? Somewhat, but that isn't why I can't do the long hikes.

These cache types have opened caches up to the lazy yes, bit also the disabled and those who just can't disappear for a day for a hike.

I reckon that everyone has the right to excercise their opinion, and in this instance I tend to 'understand' the point you've raised. Some valid points have also been made in reply. The hobby is totally dependent on caches being placed, all sizes - nano's to large, and in a variety of locations . My personal preference in regards to the caches I'd like to search for are those hidden in forests, woods and quarrys. Therefore I suggest that all caches other than those in forests, woods and quarrys be outlawed, banned, prohibited etc...

Seriously, if I only ever did my type of cache how long would it be before I got bored with the whole thing. I'm prepared to hunt for any cache regardless of size, type or location. Woods & forest are best!! But the others are fine.

By the way "Fat lumps" are also entitled to enjoy the hobby, and if they cant walk more than a few feet...then where else to hide a cache than on a signpost.

So disappointing to find such offensive comments in the forum. It's more than enough to read an offensive comment on one of your own caches. Incidentally, neither of us are toddlers.

Whilst you are entitled to your opinions about what is a good/bad cache, a little respect for the people who took the time to place any cache wouldn't go amiss! Whilst you may find nanos on signposts boring and beneath you, take a moment to consider other cachers needs, which may differ immensely from your own. We hope we have put out caches to suit everyone and any nanos we possess clearly state in the cache description what they are. The question has to be asked, why go looking for them if you don't like them - is it purely to offend people with your remarks??????

BTW, your cache GC85CC "The Long Walk", requires an entry fee for the Howick Gardens - be aware this listing needs maintenance since the price is now £6.60 and not £5 as you currently state.

BTW, your cache GC85CC "The Long Walk", requires an entry fee for the Howick Gardens - be aware this listing needs maintenance since the price is now £6.60 and not £5 as you currently state.

Could also do with some attributes.

As for nanos on signposts .. I don't like them much either (I've put a nano on a fence though) but I still do them because they are part of my geocaching experience (and it's all about the numbers you know ;))

Guess I might aswell jump on the "fat lump" wagon to cos we have a drive by series out and one in a layby!! we also enjoy doing the drive by series too especially when we have little ones in the car or the weather is poor, not that the weather bothers us but why sit in the house when you can get out and see places that you have not seen before even if it is through the car window on a wet day!!. We also enjoy cycle caches and ones that involve a walk no matter how far it is. We cache because we enjoy it regardless of its size or location. Its like curry..... if you dont like it dont eat it, it could make you fat too!! Leave people alone and let them enjoy caching the way they want to do it unless you have something against fat people that is, its a fun thing to do so stop being so small minded and trying to turn it into some sort of serious issue. Oh and just for the record I am still serving in the Armed forces and I am not fat, neither is my wife.

:lol: :lol:

As you're rude and aggressive, I guess you don't mind a sarcastic reply back (as that's what you'd expect!). :D

Why should cache owners pander to the whims of big, fat, lazy cachers who can't even be bothered to look at cache listings before setting out, and then moan that they didn't like the caches they found?

It's hardly rocket science to select a few suitable caches, what with GSAK, favourites, bookmark lists, public logs and so on. The country is packed with caches, waymarks, kists, munzees, benchmarks and any other type of collectible location you fancy. You can hardly expect every one to be exactly the type you like, so it's obvious that a bit of preparation is needed (particularly when you get so annoyed about an unsuitable cache that you feel action is needed!).

N.B. I don't know whether you're big and fat, and sorry if that offends; it was just for effect... :)

Edited by Happy Humphrey

This just isn't fair....I've just been out and looked behind five sign posts in our area and found absolutely nothing! Please can the OP explain where I am going wrong and where do I log my DNF?

PS, One of my recent favourites is a medium sized clip lock concealed behind a sign post which you find after quite a tricky set of puzzle questions. I suggest the OP uses their own imagination and does a better job of finding the caches they like.

:lol: :lol:

As you're rude and aggressive, I guess you don't mind a sarcastic reply back (as that's what you'd expect!). :D

I know your just carrying on HH, but some folks might like to read the last four logs belonging to this team to see how close to the truth you actually are....I am afraid if they were my caches their logs would have been deleted

I myself have felt the wrath of them many moons ago, they don't have a nice word for anyone, time to give up caching and take up a new hobby me thinks :(

I feel more for the cachers who do not get on here, I will personally email Sally, I am sure the Northumberland cachers will know who I mean

M :)

Edited by Us 4 and Jess

Oh yeah and by the way, theres a great cache on the top of Snowdon that we have completed by walking but if you are a fat lazy lump you can always get the train up should anyone wish decide to venture away from the North East for some caching. Some feathers have been ruffled here today, if you dont like the caches dont do them.

Edited by Aligees

It's time forum posts got checked for spelling and grammar (which would make them a dammn sight better.)

You don't need a GPS to find rants about Ccaches: just look on any forum you pass and there will be a grumpy micro or macro(?) hater, even in the wilds of Northumberland.

On a forum session this weekend the best topic we read we did not find. Tthe rest were nano/micro whinges, mostly stuck on topics where anyone with a bit of imagination could have placed a decent rant somewhere close by.

Is this type of posting made by fat lumps who cannot use the English language correctly? My guess is they areit is.

time to give up caching and take up a new hobby me thinks :(

I've just read the last few logs as well, :o and I totally agree with you.

Spokes - why not stick to activities that you enjoy, and as caching has gone so bad just leave it to those who can be bothered? It sounds like it's doing you no good and you aren't helping others enjoy the game either. Perhaps time to give it a rest.

Interesting statistics on The Spokes...

237 caches found in the 118 months since joining in June 2002. An average of 2 a month. Now if I was paying Premium Membership to find 2 caches a month, I'd expect nothing less than a solid gold container, and dancing girls leaping out from behind the nearest tree (or signpost), with a bottle of bubbly, when I found it. No wonder they're a bit hacked off at the mundaneness of it all.

4 caches found 2 days ago, no caching activity at all in the period from 11th Dec 2011 up until then, a period of almost 4 months. Seems like they're only part time cachers at best - or maybe that's about the length of time it takes to recover from having a gastric band inserted.......

Here's another thought. I don't know the area, but looking at the location of theses caches, they can all presumably be done as c&ds - all are situated on a road (naturally, if they're all on signposts). So, how did The Spokes arrive at these cache sites? Probably by car - just like all the fat lumps do. So, what do they expect? Maybe a nice walk in the countryside would be in order, away from those nasty signposts.....but there again, we don't want stiles and hedgerows incurring their wrath as well, now do we!

Edited by Team Airtomoreira

I'm not a fan of micro's, but they seem to be a rather large percentage of my finds.

They have their place.

Did a 'Stuck on a sign' cache recently.

Not a lot to say about the sign (supposed to be an information board -what information?!)

But the view?

e73fe79d-a125-4094-9bf5-b22a7f773f1f.jpg

Well worth stopping right next to the sign!

(And the cache encouraged me to actually STOP for a break, even if only for 5 minutes.

It's NOT the cache. LOOK around you.

That's what caching is about for me.

Edited by Bear and Ragged

I don't often post on this forum but reading this thread I felt the need to add my comments.

I have a confession. I am a fat lump. Not by choice, not by diet, simply due to health issues. However, I am lucky enough that I can still walk some distance.

Up until ten years ago I worked for Derbyshire Social Services teaching adults with learning disabilities.

Part of their education was to appreciate the great outdoors. To many of them that meant just a walk down the street, often that was as much as they could manage. Now imagine, if I had been caching then what else I could have introduced to them. To you it might be a boring piece of nothing on a signpost, to them it would have been something that they worked hard to find.

I too am one of those who find your comments derogatory and in future I suggest that you think more carefully about what you write, and as others have said, YOU have the choice as to how YOU cache. By all means go and find the big boxes in the countryside, but IF you are still caching in years to come, when your mobility may have become impaired, you may just appreciate the signpost caches that others have taken the time to place for others enjoyment. Alternatively, you could always just stay at home, getting fat.

A few posts ago, I was going to drop in again and suggest that the OP may have got the message and that I’m sure their flippant, throw away line must’ve since been regretted. In tentative :unsure: defence of the absent Spoke, I have noticed that they have a reasonable amount of favourite points awarded to a few of the caches they have placed. As has already been mentioned, they have been involved in the game for a long time but with sporadic participation. Dipping in and out of the game in this way would no doubt; colour and enhance the emotion felt by the obvious changes which have taken place in the last 10 years. In some ways, I sympathise because I too have experienced some difficulties in coming to terms with how the game has morphed. Forum etiquette has also no doubt changed and I hope Spokes now realise that their line about larger cachers was unacceptable. After reading the last few cache logs by them, I have come to the conclusion that their expectations of today’s game are unrealistic and need to either enjoy it warts and all or just go for a bike ride instead.

Differing from those so far, I AM fat and I am fat because I eat too much. This common affliction doesn’t stop me from walking long distances though and on a good caching day I am not brought down by my ailment before 15 miles have passed beneath my feet. So, some people are fat but not all of them are couch potatoes. As has also already been mentioned, extra girth does not proliferate exclusivity to setting inferior caches. Lean cachers are equally capable of producing caches with room for improvement.

Big game. big playing field so everybody can play the game the way that THEY want to.

Why should everything be done exactly the way that you want it to be played, did you make the rules or are you just an 'occaisional' player?

I would suggest, as has already been suggested, that you get over it and only look for the cache type that you like. Easy enough to filter out the 'bad' ones and ensure that you don't have to find one of those 'nasty sign post caches'or are you just to much of a 'l##y f#t l##p' to do that :rolleyes:

Enough said, time to do my filtering for aa caching outings when we are in Devon for 10 weeks. Filter 1 = anything that is available. Job done.

For what it's worth I used to be a "fat lazy lump" being the wrong side of 20 stone and desperately unfit. I discovered cycling as it seemed like a way to get to the caches near home that weren't within sensible walking distance, and the first time I took my new bike out (a whopping 4.5 miles) I felt like I wanted to curl up and die afterwards.

Now being a far less fat lump and certainly not someone you could call lazy I still enjoy the odd film pot on a signpost cache even if only for the fact it might have added a bit of variety to my cycling circuits. I've discovered all sorts of interesting places and interesting cycling circuits due to geocaching, and even if a cache is no more imaginative than a keysafe behind a road sign if it takes me to a new area that I find is enjoyable to cycle then I'm glad to have done it. Some of the circuits I ride regularly take in roads I wouldn't normally have explored on the bike but which I discovered thanks to looking for caches, some of which turned out to be film pots and keysafes behind signs and posts.

Well a couple have beaten me to it, but I too am a fat lump, for various reasons, including medical. However, I'm far less of a fat lump than I used to be, thanks in part to Geocaching which has got me off my fat lumpy rear end and into my...car - yay! Thank God for drive-bys, because I'd never have reached 2,279 finds without them of course. :rolleyes:

What do you mean there's some 5 terrains in amongst my logs? Of course there are - not for nothing did I DRIVE up Hardknot Pass!

Oh, that's right - some scrambles and long walks too. Well of course...you see, fat lumps can't just be lumped together in a sweeping generalisation. Some of us DO in fact move; we do get onto Shanks' pony (for fear Real ponies mightn't be up to our weight, or we'd pop the tyres of our bikes). Some of us are friendly souls who get into groups of cachers and then dragged along and up and into things which of course we'd ordinarily never dream about doing from the comfort of our reinforced fat lumpchairs in front of the box. But it's the lure of Geocaching and friendship, isn't it? Oh, and guess what? I've even been exercising my brain cells too. Mystery numbers in 3 figures, and most of them genuinely solved by me alone.

So there we are. Fat, thinning, but mobile, whether for a nano by a signpost, or for a nice lengthy burst of fresh air and exercise.

Any more original insults to hurl our way?

:blink:

There is no excuse for the logs they've left, they're rude, ignorant and selfish. I'm glad such people are few and far between in this game.

I do have a confession to make. I have written a rather grumpy "road sign" log myself, when out doing Church Micros and the fourth one in a row turned out to be exactly the same hide, behind a road name sign. The first three didn't get grumpy logs, but I'm afraid the cumulative effect meant the fourth one did.

I'm not trying to defend myself, or the Spokes, just trying to put it into perspective. The Spokes' weren't simply complaining about road sign caches, their original post said "stuck on signs where anyone with a bit of imagination could have placed a decent cache somewhere close by". It's not the use of the road sign itself, but selecting the road sign when there is the opportunity for a nicer cache nearby. And, for example, in the case of Church Micros there is very often a simply beautiful location really close by, inside the churchyard, it just takes a lot more effort to get permission to place it there.

So I'm not in any way agreeing that road sign caches should be banned, but I do wish they would be used only as a last resort, when better alternatives are not possible.

Rgds, Andy

@Dave from Clanton. Your cache was a clever idea, we have used this format ourselves twice.People who have found only magnets stuck to a sign will never find the one you put out.

To everyone else who puts a magnet on a sign,and a cache by the roadside, remember what you sow, you reap.

For every cache you put out like this, there will be at least 10 who think this is what caching should really be like and duplicate you cache.

Do the maths, how long will it be before a GPS is not needed to find roadside caches.

You will get what you deserve, and deserve what you get.

To everyone else who puts a magnet on a sign,and a cache by the roadside, remember what you sow, you reap.

For every cache you put out like this, there will be at least 10 who think this is what caching should really be like and duplicate you cache.

Do the maths, how long will it be before a GPS is not needed to find roadside caches.

Why could you not just appologise for the insulting comment in you OP and leave it at that? (sheesh some folks must like being thrashed with nettles...)

but no you have to come back with more sarcastic comments :( as many before me have said if you don't like them don't do them, it's not rocket science!!

If the OP had simply been about caches on sign posts people would have said "yes I like them" "no I don't like them" blah de blah and this thread would have fallen off the front page by now

The thread is still here because of the final sentence you wrote, can you not see (or do you not care) that you have insulted many people?

Grow some balls appologise and move on :mad:

Mandy :)

Edited for 'orrible speelin'

Edited by Us 4 and Jess

@Dave from Clanton. Your cache was a clever idea, we have used this format ourselves twice.People who have found only magnets stuck to a sign will never find the one you put out.

I've found a few caches where Google Street View was all I needed. I found a few others where I didn't even need Street View, just a satellite view of the general area and the clue. What of it? If the presence of a geocache leads me to somewhere I find interesting, or somewhere I might revisit, or somewhere I can build into some other activity (cycling routes in my case, for example) what's the problem?

For good measure if I'm doing a longer ride or a cycling tour it can be interesting to grab a cache or two without having to stray too far from the road, and if I can combine a rest stop with a quick cache grab that also suits me just fine. It's nice to find a larger cache to shift travel bugs around but if it's a film pot on a road sign that works too.

If you don't like a particular type of cache don't go looking for them. It's usually pretty easy to tell from the maps whether it's going to be right on the road or a little way off the road. But to expect a particular type of cache to be prohibited because you don't like them is a bit daft, no?

Well a couple have beaten me to it, but I too am a fat lump, for various reasons, including medical. However, I'm far less of a fat lump than I used to be, thanks in part to Geocaching which has got me off my fat lumpy rear end and into my...car - yay! Thank God for drive-bys, because I'd never have reached 2,279 finds without them of course. :rolleyes:

What do you mean there's some 5 terrains in amongst my logs? Of course there are - not for nothing did I DRIVE up Hardknot Pass!

Oh, that's right - some scrambles and long walks too. Well of course...you see, fat lumps can't just be lumped together in a sweeping generalisation. Some of us DO in fact move; we do get onto Shanks' pony (for fear Real ponies mightn't be up to our weight, or we'd pop the tyres of our bikes). Some of us are friendly souls who get into groups of cachers and then dragged along and up and into things which of course we'd ordinarily never dream about doing from the comfort of our reinforced fat lumpchairs in front of the box. But it's the lure of Geocaching and friendship, isn't it? Oh, and guess what? I've even been exercising my brain cells too. Mystery numbers in 3 figures, and most of them genuinely solved by me alone.

So there we are. Fat, thinning, but mobile, whether for a nano by a signpost, or for a nice lengthy burst of fresh air and exercise.

Well at least I took the time to put something other than tftc which is what most of the logs are nowadays.

I would sooner have a log says that the cache was not enjoyed and I would be better spending my time whistling the birdy song, than TFTC oh how I hate those. they are the biggest insult. If you take the time to do a cache the least you can do is write something on the log page.

If you don't like a cache, please have the guts to say so. I can take it. If I got enough I would archive it. Not because of hurt feelings but because I would feel that it was not a good cache if people did not like it.

In my book two or three words mean you did not like it and it does not deserve your time or effort to write about it.

Now why do I feel a lot of logs that say tftc.

Oh and by the way in my class at school, my mates were Fatty Clark. Tucker, Fat At,Hogger and the class was called the heavy brigade by the teachers.

So for goodness sake lighten up. Lighten up, Get it.(: No I guess not.

Edited by The Spokes

I told Mrs Ninja that I would refrain from replying until the Spokes had a chance to apologise or at least retract the comment about 'fat cachers', at which point this thread would be put to bed but after 2 replies you've actually tried to make light of your original comment. Are you really that insensitive to the replies you have received or do you just not give a d*mn?

For every cache you put out like this, there will be at least 10 who think this is what caching should really be like

That's a bold statement, pray tell where did you garner this information? Did you contact GCHQ and ask them? Maybe you carried out a survey of the whole Geocaching community? or more likely did you just pull a figure out your a**.

Some people say 'it's all about the numbers' so if 10 people put out caches then for us that'd be great especially in sparse areas. I recall 2 years ago when we started properly - there wasn't that many around our locale.

TFTC oh how I hate those. they are the biggest insult.

Wow something else you don't like - maybe should we ban those also? We see TFTC or even just '.' on our logs (I've probably done it myself on the odd occasion) but unlike you, we realise people are busy, especially if they have had a major caching day or they have other RL issues, and as far as I'm aware there is no stipulation to log a minimum amount of words.

We cache because we enjoy it, in fact we bl**dy love it - We have met some great people, had some mega laughs, been drunk with fellow cachers, swam to caches, climbed mountains in Greece in the mid day sun (mad dogs and cachers etc ;)) to us it's the 'thrill of the chase' not what type of 'treasure box' we will find. Maybe you should just enjoy it for what it is, something to do on a bike ride.

Oh and by the way in my class at school, my mates were Fatty Clark. Tucker, Fat At,Hogger and the class was called the heavy brigade by the teachers.

Who were you? Grumpy Spoke?

Why not just apologise to those you have offended and leave with some self esteem and maybe a little respect? - Fat chance.

The Ninjas :ph34r:

Well at least I took the time to put something other than tftc which is what most of the logs are nowadays.

I would sooner have a log says that the cache was not enjoyed and I would be better spending my time whistling the birdy song, than TFTC oh how I hate those. they are the biggest insult. If you take the time to do a cache the least you can do is write something on the log page.

If you don't like a cache, please have the guts to say so. I can take it. If I got enough I would archive it. Not because of hurt feelings but because I would feel that it was not a good cache if people did not like it.

In my book two or three words mean you did not like it and it does not deserve your time or effort to write about it.

Oh sure, I get it. I'm not as thick as you seem to think many other cachers are ("People who have found only magnets stuck to a sign will never find the one you put out".)

I also get your rather arrogant attitude and whilst the cachers who do hang out with me know that my sense of humour is as light as any you'll find, the smile fades when insulting comments like yours are put out.

You've chosen the wrong person to direct your TFTC gripe. I put it in every single log, but unless I'm very much mistaken, there is a comment made about every single cache I've done literally over and above "TFTC" which I sign at the bottom. This is in part to remind me about the experience when I look back over my finds, but also to give others a flavour of what happened when it was my turn, and more importantly, to give feedback to the CO. Sometimes the words are few because you're right, endless drive-by micros aren't always that inspiring, and I'm not in Allieballie's logging league, but I still make an effort. And yes, I make it perfectly clear which caches don't float my boat. Go on - read my logs and find one which says just TFTC. Let me know when you do.

So Spokes, after all the research, I'd stop digging that hole and go and take a long walk to find all those caches which do gratify you.

:mad:

Edited by Original A1

Oh sure, I get it. I'm not as thick as you seem to think many other cachers are ("People who have found only magnets stuck to a sign will never find the one you put out".)

I also get your rather arrogant attitude and whilst the cachers who do hang out with me know that my sense of humour is as light as any you'll find, the smile fades when insulting comments like yours are put out.

You've chosen the wrong person to direct your TFTC gripe. I put it in every single log, but unless I'm very much mistaken, there is a comment made about every single cache I've done literally over and above "TFTC" which I sign at the bottom. This is in part to remind me about the experience when I look back over my finds, but also to give others a flavour of what happened when it was my turn, and more importantly, to give feedback to the CO. Sometimes the words are few because you're right, endless drive-by micros aren't always that inspiring, and I'm not in Allieballie's logging league, but I still make an effort. And yes, I make it perfectly clear which caches don't float my boat. Go on - read my logs and find one which says just TFTC. Let me know when you do.

So Spokes, after all the research, I'd stop digging that hole and go and take a long walk to find all those caches which do gratify you.

:mad:

That must have been a personal joke? Which by the sounds of it wasn't very funny :unsure: I thought your thread was helping to difuse the situation explaining your situation, and you get the flack :ph34r:

So more sarcasm and still no apology for the insults, there is no cure for stupidity and folks who dangle their kid over the side of a bridge to get a cache .. if your gonna dig the dirt remember there are folks have been around longer than you!! :mad: (oh dear caches will disappear again :mad: )

I write TFTC at the end of every log too, but I always mostly try to put a sentence or two before that, (I am not in Angela's league for log writing either, but they sure make a good read ;) )

There are no trolls on this thread...only "fat lumps" except for The Ninjas who are more "Fluffy" than "Fatty" :lol::P

One final thought

We wondered last night, after 10 years of caching why The Spokes had never been to a single NE Geocaching Event (and there have been many)!!! I am sure lots of the local cachers would really like to meet you, I hear The Ninjas are having one on your patch soon, I am sure you would be very welcome :laughing:

That must have been a personal joke? Which by the sounds of it wasn't very funny :unsure:

Haven't a clue, Mandy, and to be honest, I don't care either way. There's always (at least) one grumpy git who likes to have a moan - heck, even I moan - but I don't aim to alienate people in my moans, and if I do tread on toes, try to rectify matters.

After all, if others didn't bother to put out caches for me to find, there wouldn't be a hobby called Geocaching now, would there?

:D

That must have been a personal joke? Which by the sounds of it wasn't very funny :unsure:

After all, if others didn't bother to put out caches for me to find, there wouldn't be a hobby called Geocaching now, would there?

If there were no "crap" caches then we wouldn't appreciate the "good" ones would we?

:D