Displaying hints

DRJDSmith

I have an Oregon 550t and have successfully downloaded caches. I really like the paperless feature where I can view the discription of the cache and all but I noticed it doesn't display the hints. Any idea what I may be doing wrong? Just a note of interest: when I was setting up the GPS for the first time and downloaded my first cache, the computer prompted me to download a program from the Garmin website to read the files. Everything went fine in the installation on this program and I was able to place the cache on the GPS, but there was no hint listed after the discription of the cache. Any help?

Everything went fine in the installation on this program and I was able to place the cache on the GPS, but there was no hint listed after the discription of the cache.

The hint is in a separate field from the description. When you're navigating to a cache, and you hit the "Geocaches" button, you should see the button for the description, log attempt, etc. Depending on which version of software your Oregon is running, the "Show Hint" button should be a button or two below the description button.

So the hint doesn't show up until you are close to the cache? Or can you view it immediately after downloading the cache at home? Sorry...just a little confused.

As soon as you hit "Go" to navigate to the cache, the "Show Hint" button will be available.

--Larry

I just tried what you suggested and it worked! Thank you all for your help!