create a PQ from map

orejane

On the left menu. Select "Save as a Pocket Query" near the bottom.

thank you !

where is center, center of the showing map ? sidebar opened or close ?

so no need to select points ? just zooming in or out will determine PQ's radius and center ?

if so, it's very convenient :)

Edited by orejane

OK. I'm confused. What "left menu"?????? When I display a map of a location, I see the map, markers for the caches and that's about it. The only controls I have are the in/out zoom, "Find My Location" button on the top left of the window and the ability to select the map source on the top right. What am I missing? Tried to figure out how to attach a screen shot, but it looks like these forums don't allow that:-{

Thanks,

tcora

OK. I'm confused. What "left menu"?????? When I display a map of a location, I see the map, markers for the caches and that's about it. The only controls I have are the in/out zoom, "Find My Location" button on the top left of the window and the ability to select the map source on the top right. What am I missing? Tried to figure out how to attach a screen shot, but it looks like these forums don't allow that:-{

Thanks,

tcora

OK. I just pulled the trigger too quickly. I figured out how to make the hidden menus show up. What a sorry excuse for a user inteface...

thank you !

where is center, center of the showing map ? sidebar opened or close ?

so no need to select points ? just zooming in or out will determine PQ's radius and center ?

if so, it's very convenient :)

Center of the showing map sidebar open or closed.

PQ generated based on your filter options found in the sidebar menu.

No need to select points. I found the PQ for the zoomed in map sometimes picks up some of the nearest caches to the edge of the zoomed map area.

Not perfect but really convenient!

And it is a good user interface. One just has to look for the features.

I figured out how to make the hidden menus show up. What a sorry excuse for a user inteface...

Actually, the first time you viewed the map, the left-menu was shown. You probably clicked the arrow to hide it. Then the next time you viewed the map, it remembered your setting and hid the menu. Just because you forgot that you hid the menu, does not make it a bad interface.

I figured out how to make the hidden menus show up. What a sorry excuse for a user inteface...

Actually, the first time you viewed the map, the left-menu was shown. You probably clicked the arrow to hide it. Then the next time you viewed the map, it remembered your setting and hid the menu. Just because you forgot that you hid the menu, does not make it a bad interface.

Hmmm. Glad you were looking over my shoulder to see what I did. Quite honestly, I so rarely use the GC website that you may be correct - most caching I do is with Cachesense on a BB 9000. My opinion is that it's a lousy UI and that is what it is. You're quite welcome to your own opinion...