Printing like crazy! what about Pocket Query Generator?

The 4 Childs

We are new to geocaching, about 3 weeks now. We have Magellian Meri Gold. As of now before we go out, I print out all the caches we want to visit on paper, then run around with all this paper mess. Its a pain, there has got to be an easier way.

Will this Pocket Query Generator help?

Which is the best to download?

Any helpfull hints to slimline our adventures would be great!

I use the Pocket Query and load the file to my Palm as well as to EasyGPS.

The only thing you miss are the pictures (if there are any).

I think Pocket Queries are great. I have 4 set up (2 for home area, 1 for work, and one for my "founds"). I am hoping for unfound benchmarks some day.

Golly, I need more than the 5 allowed.

DustyJacket

...If life was fair, a banana split would cure cancer.

Ok I got my GPS, and MY GPSeasy to load my GPS with teh coordinates of the caches....

But I am still printing out copies of the webpages so I have an on-site copy and Description of the location.

Does GPX or Ebook give you a description of the cache that is teh same as the Webpage?

Thanks

Robert

Essentially, yes, it's the same information. It's reformatted a little bit, but hints and logs are in the document, too.

Be aware that you need Mobipocket to handle the ebook format, and one of the GPX processors to generate an html file that can be handled by Plucker, iSilo, or some other app. Look for the threads that talk about MobiPocket alternatives.

Max

Often wrong but seldom in doubt

I have read about the various query program's, but noticed that different people like different things, I personally just copy the text off the page for the caches I want, then put them in word. once I clean them up a bit I put them on my pda using documents to go. it gives you the option to put what you want. I just put the title, coords, and the description in. works great for me. hope that helps.

Having finally gotten an appropriate cable, I've been using the EasyLoc facility a little, and I'm going to try the handheld downloads.

But my question is this -- is there any way to get a pocket query generated ON DEMAND, instead of on a schedule? Generally this is useful if, say, I find out I'm going to be in location X on a given date -- not something that follows a schedule.

I've looked over the pages and futzed with the system, and the only way to get a set generated seems to be on a schedule.

What, if anything, am I missing?

aTdHvAaNnKcSe for any help!

- Matt (Alt of AltDotAir)

== Alt Dot Air ==