Intent to change Places of Geologic Significance - a message to members.

I continue to get an error when trying to submit mail to category officers and members, therefore I will attempt to diffuse my message using the forums.

Dear Category members,

In an effort to insure that waymark postings to this category represent geologically significant places, I would like to change the rules for submission by replacing the sentence "Waymark creators are encouraged to mention something informative about how the feature was geologically formed" by "An explanation of the geologic significance of the location must be included in the description."

I am interesting in getting positive or negative feedback from members regarding this change in order to consider it further.

Thank you for your interest in this category.

Best regards,

RitC

As far as it goes, that is a good change. From "encourage" to "required." Also from formation to significance. But, I think it is important to state, and illustrate, what the category considers "significant," since that is a very subjective term, like "interesting."

Thanks Silverquill for your feedback. Basically I have been interpreting significance to mean that there must be a justification of the link with geology in order to be included. I could update the category to make this more explicit.