can't post in There's a book about it

Metro2

Can you save the waymark and just not submit it in the end? Or is this error happening from the beginning?

In the first case I have no idea, this never happened to me. The second case has happened to me when there was something "illegal" in a form field. Causes for that I experienced so far were two dots instead of one in a coordinate field or an O (letter) instead of a 0 (number), also in the coordinates.

2 or 3 weeks ago I've tried to submit a waymark in that category and it dosn't work!

I recieved an error message.

ok...I guess I'll try again when I see that someone got a post through whatever the problem is. I've done the other stuff...no html...no wrong coordinate numbers, etc. Thanks folks!

Edited by Metro2

Sometimes it's frustrating how long we have to wait for the solution of small problems.

My Waymarking footprint problem is waiting since two months. I understand that geocaching (I love it) has a higher priority, but sometimes i have the feeling that Groundspeak has forgotten us.

If we would handle it the same, as example all officers would make a break about 2 month with publising, the whole thing would break down.

I think we deserve more attention :sad:

lumbricus

I created a post in the There's A Book About it category...but I can't submit it...I keep on getting an error message....and it happens even if I try to start all over again. Any suggestions?

It looks like the ISBN variable is the culprit. We do a call to Amazon to create a link to the book automatically, and somehow that call is no longer working properly. I've fixed the issue in the code, but unfortunately we will have to wait until our next release (in 7-10 days) before the problem will be completely fixed on the live site. I'll see if it's possible to expedite the process, but it may not be feasible at this point.

For the record, if you remove the ISBN variable, it will make the waymarks work again, but will lose all the ISBN data for all the other waymarks in this category, so I don't recommend doing that.

Sorry for the frustration,

Bootron

I created a post in the There's A Book About it category...but I can't submit it...I keep on getting an error message....and it happens even if I try to start all over again. Any suggestions?

It looks like the ISBN variable is the culprit. We do a call to Amazon to create a link to the book automatically, and somehow that call is no longer working properly. I've fixed the issue in the code, but unfortunately we will have to wait until our next release (in 7-10 days) before the problem will be completely fixed on the live site. I'll see if it's possible to expedite the process, but it may not be feasible at this point.

For the record, if you remove the ISBN variable, it will make the waymarks work again, but will lose all the ISBN data for all the other waymarks in this category, so I don't recommend doing that.

Sorry for the frustration,

Bootron

Thanks!