Guideline compliance form

Mr. Snazz

quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Snazz:

Markwell me if this has already been suggested icon_wink.gif

The idea is to have a form which appears before the Hide a Cache form. This form would contain a series of yes/no questions, representative of the major points of the current guidelines. For example, "Did you receive permission from the landowner or managing agency for the cache location?".

There is not enough time in the day to show you the Markwell's on this one. It has been discussed time after time. Although I am in the minority, I totally agree with you. I am for putting the liability directly and without question on the person who hides the cache. Believe me most people will not agree.

ENJOY THE OUTDOORS

[This message was edited by BrownMule on November 27, 2002 at 03:54 PM.]

Sounds like sound legal advice for J and TPTB at least... and it would possibly protect seekers, a bit - if they are ever hassled by someone about looking for a cache, they'd be able to point to the form that will filled out by the hider, saying it was "all good" or whatever. What is the term... plausable deniability or something. icon_smile.gif

Although, "guidelines" is the key word in this whole thing. It doesn't say anywhere that we MUST get permission - so you couldn't very well force everyone to check "yes" in order to have a cache approved. At least not with the current set of rules. *shrug*

flag.gif

Click To View The ToeCam

I didn't intend for this to be a legal shield for anybody.

I don't think that cache placers are adequately alerted to the guidelines under the current system.

Perhaps rephrasing the yes/no questions: "I understand that the guidelines ask for permission to be obtained for the placement of caches from the owner or land manager of the site".

The only way this would be acceptable, would be to have a Never show this again check box.

No one likes the dumb license agreement screen, when installing software.

Your feature would only pertain to those that have never read the rules. Making everyone read this page every time you fill out the hide page is ridiculous.

lodging3.jpggeol1.jpg

If you do not extend your expectations unto others, you will not be disappointed by the stupid things they do.

Mokita!

quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Snazz:

Perhaps rephrasing the yes/no questions: "I understand that the guidelines ask for permission to be obtained for the placement of caches from the owner or land manager of the site".

There ya go. That would work. And as for the "never show me this again" thing, well - it kinda already is that way now. I think in order to use the site you have to agree to something, so I guess it assumes it... but I see what you mean, at least there would be one time of acknowledgement before you'd not have to see it again. Although, it isn't like people hide a new cache every other day... having to click a few yes boxes wouldn't be that troubling to hiders, imho. icon_smile.gif

flag.gif

View The ToeCam

quote:
Originally posted by Rubbertoe:

Although, it isn't like people hide a new cache every other day... having to click a few yes boxes wouldn't be that troubling to hiders, imho.

There are plenty of cachers that this feature will adversely effect.

Five that I can think of right now, and that's just in my local area. Weiner dog just hide 12 or 15 within a couple of days. It would be ridiculous to click through the same screen before filling out each hide page.

How about a screen that makes you click through fifteen or twenty etiquette rules before you can post in the forums? This feature would only effect a few forum geeks. Great idea huh?

Come on Snazz. That's pretty weak, changing this into a do you ask permission argument. Nothing else to add to your weak argument.

Hey do you always wash your hands after you go to the bathroom? If you say yes your either obsessive compulsive or a lier.

Maybe we should hang a check off list on the doors of public bathrooms. You have to check off on health district questions before you can get out of the bathroom.

Great idea. What do you think?

lodging3.jpggeol1.jpg

If you do not extend your expectations unto others, you will not be disappointed by the stupid things they do.

Mokita!

Are we talking apples and apples here? There is a big difference in checking off diseases in a public restroom and verifying if Geocaching etiquette has been followed. My God how long does it take to check a couple boxes on a form? Anyway I like the one time check off myself at registration. I think you should agree to the main etiquettes when you register and they should be clear that you are expected to follow them. The rest will be up to the individual.

ENJOY THE OUTDOORS

quote:
Originally posted by BrownMule:

Anyway I like the one time check off myself at registration. I think you should agree to the main etiquettes when you register and they should be clear that you are expected to follow them. The rest will be up to the individual.

_ENJOY THE OUTDOORS_

That's all I said in my fist post. I'll check off all the questions. As long as it's only once. Never show me this again button is a must.

lodging3.jpggeol1.jpg

Mokita!

quote:
Originally posted by leatherman:

_Hey do you always wash your hands after you go to the bathroom?_ If you say yes your either obsessive compulsive or a lier.

icon_eek.gif

Yes, and I'm not obsessive compulsive or a lier (or a liar for that matter). I'll not be shaking your hand if we ever meet caching. icon_smile.gif

"We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own. Your culture will adapt to service us. Resistance is futile. We are the Borg."

quote:
Originally posted by Team 5-oh!:

And this form would do/prove what? That someone is able to correctly click the mouse button within a specified area. Yea just what we need more clutter.

The form would force cache placers to at the very least check off the items. What I'm trying to accomplish is to get them to at least have a greater chance of seeing the guidelines.

I can see now that the forums are overflowing with pessimistic nay-sayers. I'm not going to waste my breath in the future, in futile attempts to help improve things.