Moving a cache

Curtis&Ronda

Just a quick question..what is process for moving a cache i put out,the area has some thorn bushes,though small it doesnt take long to get big, could have put more thought into this..but new at this and will remember next time...but might want to move so people dont have to fight them to find hide.

Just a quick question..what is process for moving a cache i put out,the area has some thorn bushes,though small it doesnt take long to get big, could have put more thought into this..but new at this and will remember next time...but might want to move so people dont have to fight them to find hide.

Its called an "update coordinates" log type. Be sure to click the box under the comments box to add new coords. Be sure you are logged into your account.

The key is distance! You can move it and post new coordinates if it's less then 0.1 mile and will not be closer then 0.1 mile to another cache. If moving over 0.1 mile requires the reviewers approval who may allow it if you have a good reason or may make you archive it and make it a new cache. So check with the reviewer in either case.

The Help Center really is helpful:

Help Center → Geocaching → Cache Ownership: A Long-Term Relationship

6.9. Editing Your Cache Coordinates

http://support.Groundspeak.com/index.php?pg=kb.page&id=61

6.10. Editing a Published Listing: Minor Change

http://support.Groundspeak.com/index.php?pg=kb.page&id=201

6.11. Editing a Published Listing: Major Change.

http://support.Groundspeak.com/index.php?pg=kb.page&id=76

B.

These words are from a reviewers keyboard.

"100 feet is fine. Anything over 527 feet would require a review to help out."

There should be an asterisk after the "100 feet is fine". 100 feet is fine as long as that 100 feet doesn't move it too close to another physical cache or stage of a multi.

(Edit to wording for clarification)

Edited by The A-Team

I "might" be having an issue with the area I placed my first cache.....

Read the article at this link very carefully:

Help Center → Geocaching → Cache Ownership: A Long-Term Relationship → Editing Your Cache Coordinates

6.9. Editing Your Cache Coordinates

http://support.Groundspeak.com/index.php?pg=kb.page&id=61

B.

There should be an asterisk after the "100 feet is fine". 100 feet is fine as long as that 100 feet doesn't move it too close to another physical cache or stage of a multi.

(Edit to wording for clarification)

OH this I know and should have added that. Trust me when I say there is NO OTHER cache in this area.....Look for your selves....

Trust me when I say there is NO OTHER cache in this area.....Look for your selves....

There's no caches visible on the map, but it's entirely possible that one of the nearby multis or puzzles could end up nearby. Unless you've found all the caches in a farily wide area (many, many miles) around that spot, it will be hard to be 100% confident in stating "there are no other caches in this area". Even then, there's still the possibility of an old puzzle that starts a significant distance away. The only sure-fire way to be 100% confident is to get a reviewer to check some coordinates for you.

Though, odds are you're probably right.