Convergance with other games...

Jake.Hazelip

How about a BookCrossing book icon, like a travel bug that links to the actual bookcrossing.com book entry? Also, an option to enter the bookcrossing.com tracking number, like a travel bug?

A colorful little camera icon that links back to phototag.com when one of their cameras is left in the cache?

An icon with question marks and currency symbols for the different where's (insert money personage here) games?

-Jake

We just started leaving bookcrossing.com books in caches this past weekend. Brought about 8, but only three caches were large enough.

FWIW, we leave a bookcrossing book in addition to our trade as an extra item. We figure that eventually the book will move on to another cache much like a TB, so whoever takes it would not be keeping it.

Member:

banner-small.gif

I think I am going to take a book, register it at BookCrossing, attach a Travel Bug to it, insert a Where's George bill for a bookmark. Then I will create a Letterbox-hybrid geocache to place it in and hide it on a Confluence.

Did I miss anything? icon_biggrin.gif

Greg

N 39°54.705'

W 77°33.137'

I think I am going to take a book, register it at BookCrossing, attach a Travel Bug to it, insert a Where's George bill for a bookmark. Then I will create a Letterbox-hybrid geocache to place it in and hide it on a Confluence.

Greg

N 39°54.705'

W 77°33.137'

quote:
Originally posted by gnbrotz:

Greg

N 39°54.705'

W 77°33.137'

Absolutely.... you forgot to make it an Event! icon_smile.gif

> Martin (Magellan 330)

Don't have time to program and record your shows while geocaching? Get a TiVo!

quote:
Originally posted by gnbrotz:

Greg

N 39°54.705'

W 77°33.137'

Absolutely.... you forgot to make it an Event! icon_smile.gif

> Martin (Magellan 330)

Don't have time to program and record your shows while geocaching? Get a TiVo!

I just placed a Bookcrossing themed cache yesterday, called Bookcrossing Library, and manually linked the books I planted in the cache to the Bookcrossing website, line this: Richard Paul Russo, “Ship of Fools”

I also called out the cache page from the "crossing zone" on the bookcrossing site - a location where you left a book, which in this case is a cache. It would be way cool if the two sites could key off each other on this cache/crossing zone overlap!

SteveL

quote:
Originally posted by SteveL:

I just placed a Bookcrossing themed cache yesterday, called Bookcrossing Library and manually linked the books I planted in the cache to the Bookcrossing website, line this: Richard Paul Russo, “Ship of Fools”

I also called out the cache page from the "crossing zone" on the bookcrossing site - a location where you left a book, which in this case is a cache. It would be WAY cool if the two sites could key off each other on this cache/crossing zone overlap!

SteveL