A Special Thank You

Hey, everyone!

Not too long ago, BrianSnat posted a topic in which he expressed his disappointment in the fact that although he had given many items to people for free, not expecting anything in return, few people even said so much as thank you to him. His reasoning for posting the topic wasn't to beg for attention, or to beg for people to praise him for giving things away for free; it was simply to express his disappointment in people's sense of gratitude, and I understood exactly how he felt, as I too have been in that situation multiple times. After reading the topic, I posted my reply, letting Brian know that I understood where he was coming from, and that I viewed him as a kind and generous person without so much as having spoken to him before, or reading any of his prior posts or topics for that matter. My reasoning for posting said reply was not to beg fore free items, but to let Brian know that there are still people in this world who value his generosity and kindness, as I do.

Later that week, Brian asked me if I needed anything. At first, I didn't understand what he meant, but after he explained to me what he had meant, I was astonished; I was speechless. He was asking me if there was anything that he could send to me to help me in my Geocaching experience! I didn't know what to say! I was in awe at his generosity, and I gladly accepted his offer to send me a Geocaching Care Package. After about a week, I received the package in the mail; I went to the post office today to pick it up, and I made an unboxing video that I uploaded to my YouTube channel for all of you to see! The package contained several Lock-N-Lock containers, as well as enough logbooks, swag items, and enough of what I like to call "Geocaching Awareness Notes" (the pieces of paper inside a cache describing what it is to non-cachers) to set each cache up to be put out into the environment! To this moment, I am still speechless as to the generosity behind Brian's Care Package. Brian, thank you so much!

Here is a link to the video:

Please watch it and "Thumbs Up" it to show your support to the generosity displayed by Brian and this package! The world could use more people like him!

Here is a picture of the cache containers; as I said, each container now contains a logbook, a pen or pencil, and some swag items to start everyone off!

CarePackage.png

Brian, thank you again. I truly appreciate your generosity and kindness, and I feel that the world could use more people like you. This video, and this post are my way of saying thank you to you, on top of the actual phrase "thank you." I can't wait to get these caches out there for people to find! :)

Wow that is special. He is a generous one for sure.

He definitely is a generous person. In fact, he had mentioned in the topic that I was talking about of his, that he had even given away GPS units to people before! Who other than one of the most generous people I've ever had the pleasure of talking to would give away a device that could easily have cost more than $200 for absolutely free?! :)

What a great thing to do :D Maybe Geocacher of the decade?

I second that vote! BrianSnat for Geocacher of the Decade! :)

This is why people flock to this hobby. I remember a story on the boards not too long ago where an individual said that he/she couldn't afford the $30 membership for a premium account, and one of the forum users paid for it--a total stranger. :)

That is a great story, honestly. It's stories like that one that make me feel like there's still hope for mankind; like we're not all selfish and fool-hearted. I'm in the process of saving up for a premium account, but it's taking forever seeing as I'm unemployed and have to pay bills with the money that I do have left.

I'm in the process of saving up for a premium account, but it's taking forever seeing as I'm unemployed and have to pay bills with the money that I do have left.

Dude, get out of the forums and check your email. Hint: look for the timestamp 11 minutes prior to your most recent post. :ph34r:

I was just going to post a comment about that being cool how Brian sent you that stuff. Than something made me look at his profile and realised that cool is an understatement. I wont say anything in public as to why its way more than just cool. Just that Brian is an awesome guy.No I do not know him have never met him but if at any time I am able to help out somebody he gives me reason to.