It really bugs me....

Just been logging my finds today, came across this recent log. "Got to confess that I cant remember this one very well so must have been found by one of the lads while i was elsewhere" How on earth can someone claim to have found this (of course he has). I know, I know, we all play the game differently, chill out John. But really, give me strength.

Just been logging my finds today, came across this recent log. "Got to confess that I cant remember this one very well so must have been found by one of the lads while i was elsewhere" How on earth can someone claim to have found this (of course he has). I know, I know, we all play the game differently, chill out John. But really, give me strength.

Well. When I do 50 caches in one day, there's usually quite a few that I can't remember very well, or even can't remember at all, even though I know I did them, because I wrote down the cache GC-code in my notebook (and I'm caching single-handed). I have a memory like ... um ... you know those small fishy things, live in a bowl, what are they called?

Sounds like a family group where the actual account holder writes up the logs. well known that sometimes not all family members can visit every cache. :rolleyes:

As to my own logging its fairly common for me to wake at 3am cache all the daylight hours or perhaps more, likely be fatigued from driving and then set about writing up logs...There are going to be a few I don't recall well.

Looking forward to the day every cache placement is so astounding that I remember them all. :D :D :D

Well. When I do 50 caches in one day, there's usually quite a few that I can't remember very well, or even can't remember at all, even though I know I did them, because I wrote down the cache GC-code in my notebook (and I'm caching single-handed). I have a memory like ... um ... you know those small fishy things, live in a bowl, what are they called?

Me too... back in the days of using a 60CSx I'd look at the caches that had turned into opened boxes and even if I didn't remember one of them I knew I must have found it. Now I use paperless caching so I've got the GC codes in the Montana so again I know I must have found it even if I don't remember doing it.

If I've done a series I may not remember every one, if I've done a few and don't remember them very well all I can conclude was that the cache wasn't overly inspiring.

It's not the fact that he can't remember much about the cache - neither can I sometimes, it's the fact that he admits he was probably "elsewhere" at the time!!

Exactly, i think we'll all come to a time when we're out with someone and will split up to do a extra cache on your own letting the other cacher log it as a find too, but to write it in a log that he was probably else where... then that is a tad strange.

It's not the fact that he can't remember much about the cache - neither can I sometimes, it's the fact that he admits he was probably "elsewhere" at the time!!

Well there are quite a few caches around here that people have "found" while with others who have scaled/swum/rowed etc. as they are not physically up to the job. I suppose that they shouldn't really log them. It's an interesting question.

We all play the game in different ways .. they're not stopping you from enjoying caching so where's the problem? (problem isn't really the word I want but I'm tired and can't be bothered to think!)

I agree though, strange thing to put in a log, being elsewhere - I would've just said I didn't remember it!

Edited by trampyjoe

I'm a sinner, I copy and paste logs with what i've done throughout the caching trip, as i can do up to 3 trails a day, so i write up one big log then just copy and paste it into every log. It saves lots of time, I will write down who found it if i'm with other cachers sometimes, and write that in the log, but i'm never not like 5ft away from who ever is finding the cache and we all make an effort to look, although sometimes it's so obvious, who ever is walking ahead walks to it :P

I suppose like most questions the answer is everyone plays differently,although we pretty much agree the same that he sound have maybe rephrased his log a bit better ;)