Placing FIRST Cache...

ohmelli

I have my first cache put together, and I have decided on a location for it... but how do I find out it's GC# so I can label it well before I put it out there? Or do I have to put it out there first, then submit it, and then go BACK and label it? There is sooooooo much to learn about this stuff! :rolleyes: (not that it's not a nice HIKE... but I'd really prefer to only make it ONE more time! For now!) It's a GREAT location because there is only one other cache in that area. For miles and miles! So another one would just make the trip more worth it! :D

First of all you have to fill in the cache submission form and it usually takes a few days for the reviewers to check it and publish it. As soon as you fill out the cache page and submit it you will get an email with the GC.com code. You can then put it on the cache then off you go to hide it :)

First of all you have to fill in the cache submission form and it usually takes a few days for the reviewers to check it and publish it. As soon as you fill out the cache page and submit it you will get an email with the GC.com code. You can then put it on the cache then off you go to hide it :)

It doesn't always take days for a cache to get approved. Sometimes it's approved within minutes. It just depends how busy your local approver is. Per the guidelines, the container should be in place before submitting the cache.

Geocache must be in place before you enable the listing. Your cache should be in place and ready to hunt at the time your cache page is enabled online. If the cache is not ready, either disable your cache page so that it won't be listed in the review queue or post a "Note to Reviewer" explaining special circumstances such as awaiting permission from a land manager.

With that said, I believe it's still possible (edit: like StarBrand said) to create the cache page and get your GC number before submitting. Get it all setup, just leave the box unchecked that actually enables it. You'll see your GC # in the upper right. Write that on your container, hide it, then come back and enable the listing. That way too it won't annoy the FTF hounds who might go try to find it minutes after the listing posts.

Edited by Mr. 0