Geocache Map - Not possible to select caches - MAC only

demon999

Since the change from Google Map, the clicking on geocache icons on the Map page has been with bad performance. But since this morning, it is no longer at all possible to click on an icon and get the description to see the cache. The icons appear well, but simply there is no longer interaction possible.

I experience this only on my MAC. The windows system is fine. Can this be a problem with the Java update Apple brought out a few days ago which I applied yesterday?

On the Mac I have the same issue with Firefox and Safari

Looks like I spoke too soon. After browsing around the map for a few minutes, I found one area that no longer accepted clicks on caches. This was an area about 1 map tile tall and a few map tiles wide. Outside of this area, or even inside this area at different zoom levels, I could still click on caches. After a refresh, everything worked normally again. There seems to be at least an intermittent problem (the worst type of problem to troubleshoot, unfortunately).

Still working for me, though the bubbles did take slightly longer to come up than earlier (still only about 1 second). FWIW, I checked my Java version, and I've got the most up-to-date version.

"Your Java is working - Latest Java installed" http://www.java.com/en/download/testjava.jsp

I dont think the maps use java at all. Javascript maybe, but that is browser dependent. Anyway, I have had trouble clicking on caches since last update, but today it does not work at all. As mention before, have tried both IE, FF and Crome on Windows 7. Have even called a friend , witch have the same problem now. Something is wrong!! It worked okei yesterday.

Edited by Snicker666

I can't click on caches in maps, either from Chrome on my Win7 system or from my iPad. It used to work, and now it doesn't.

Plus the maps are incredibly slow ... refreshing or zooming takes a minute before the caches reappear ... and they still aren't clickable.

Now the site's completely down.

Server Error in '/' Application.

Runtime Error

Description: An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed remotely (for security reasons). It could, however, be viewed by browsers running on the local server machine.

I logged into tonight to download tomorrow's caches to my GPS and had the same problem everyone else is having. Tried it on my Mac and thought it was a problem with the new Java update, but my Win7 laptop has the same problem. Fired off an e-mail to customer service and tried again and it works. Not sure if they're doing something or just flaky.

I'm wondering if whether it works is based seeing it in Mapquest or Google Maps.

As the maps are right now, there is no Google Maps, so there's no way that could have any effect.

I suspect the problems are related to the holiday weekend. I think the site is just getting over-taxed.

I've had this same problem (Windows 7) ever since they brought out the OSM maps.

Edit: Also, if you move the toolbar on the left of the map, and you move the cursor over the cache icons, the names of the caches will appear in the upper left-hand corner of the map.

Edited by Dulce-Joy

Edit: Also, if you move the toolbar on the left of the map, and you move the cursor over the cache icons, the names of the caches will appear in the upper left-hand corner of the map.

Yes! And its quite annoying! After a while, the boxes will obscure the +/- zoom buttons and I will not be able to zoom out anymore.

Yes! And its quite annoying! After a while, the boxes will obscure the +/- zoom buttons and I will not be able to zoom out anymore.

I haven't experienced this behavior, but I did have trouble clicking on the cache icons in the map recently. Click click click and nothing happens. Zooming in and out a few times seems to correct the problem, but jeez, what a pain. OS X 10.6.8 using Firefox 4.

Have Problem, too.

On iPad and on iPhone, its Not Easy to Open a Cache. I have to tap with finger three times/4 times to Open it. I think the overlay area from a Cache Icon is to small.

Please increase the amount of the Pixel at a Cache Icon.

Thx

I have problems today a few yesterday today not working at all. Using 7 and all updates.

Have Problem, too.

On iPad and on iPhone, its Not Easy to Open a Cache. I have to tap with finger three times/4 times to Open it. I think the overlay area from a Cache Icon is to small.

Please increase the amount of the Pixel at a Cache Icon.

Thx

I have problems today a few yesterday today not working at all. Using 7 and all updates.

I already had problems a couple of weeks ago selecting a cache on the map. It used to help zooming in and out on the map.

The problems started again today, and now, I can't select any cache. Zooming doesn't help, reloading doesn't help either.

Pretty annoying.

Anyone solve this problem? It still happens to me on Chrome. Firefox seems to work, though.

Yes, I found a solution for Chrome users!

Disable all extensions in Google Chrome.

In my case the uTorrentBar extension was the malefactor. :bad:

Edited by DanPan

Hi, I have just posted same in wrong forum having not noticed this whole section....duh!

Recently been having this exact problem on ipad and two seperate pcs.

ipad is using thesafari browser and latest software, iOS6.

1 pc using xp but latest version of chrome , however ie9 works fine. Other pc runs latest versions of browsers but i have the problem with chrome and firefox but not ie9. Operating system is Win7 32 bit.

Also a bug noted on iphone app but will post elsewhere.

Cheers