FS: Two Geomate Jrs. & One update cable

We have two like new Geomate Jrs. and one update cable. One of the units was only used one time. The other was probably used 10 or fewer times and has a screen protector on it. They are both in great shape. Although the units may have been discontinued it is my understanding that you can still get updates on the unit. Go to http://mygeomate.com/ for more info.

$100 for both + cable including shipping.

Paypal only, please.

I know there has been some issues with the Geomate's not being supported anymore. I have a couple questions, Can I load a PQ on the device without the need for the Geomate website? Or their software? Similar to garmin units. The reason I ask is I would be willing to spend a couple busks on these units if I could do that so my kids can have a GPS in their hands while we are all caching. I would of course still have my trusty Oregon 450.

You can use the PQ software geomateQtGuiApp.exe that can be downloaded from the http://geomatejr.com/ site?

Just look in the following sentence on that site and click on the word "here" and you will be able to download a small program that will allow you to update the Geomate Jr. with a gpx PQ file from GS.

To help keep the adventures happening however, we have made some software available here that will allow anyone with an Update Kit and a PC to load a Pocket Query from Geocaching.com to a Geomate.jr.

It works when the Geomate sight is not working. In fact I use that little gem instead of the geomate jr site.

FunkyCachers,

As far as I know there is not a Mac version of that software. Also no, the Jr. cannot be viewed as an external drive.

No problem Smiley Cacher. Yes it will continue to work. BUT, word of warning, it will be in a crippled way as a PQ can only hold 1,000 caches and it can hold only 1 PQ.