TB not showing on inventory log

Momma Nonna

I, too, am having the same problem. I found one at a location that wasn't listed as having a travel bug. I should have 2 in my inventory, but it only shows one. When I try to log the TB, the only options I get are:

1. Retreive From location
  2. Grab it from somewhere else
  3. Write Note
  4. Discover it

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Edited by Pax Tecum

I, too, am having the same problem. I found one at a location that wasn't listed as having a travel bug. I should have 2 in my inventory, but it only shows one. When I try to log the TB, the only options I get are:

3. Write Note
  4. Discover it

Just had a look at your logs and see that you found a TB at the Zion Hills cache - It seems that nobody else has found that one since January.

I suggest you log it using the option 'grab from somewhere else' and that will bring the TB into your own inventory so it shows as being "in your hands".

Then go back to your log on the Zion Hills cache and underneath the log click 'Edit log'. This gives you your log on a separate page - Click 'Edit log' again...

Now you having the full log available for editing - underneath the Comment box you should see the your Trackables Inventory box with the TB listed there. Select the action 'Visit', then 'Submit Log Entry'.

Doing this will give the TB a quick visit to the cache to show that it was there, thus keeping its journey accurate. It will now be back in your inventory, all ready for its next move.

MrsB :)

3. Write Note
  4. Discover it

Just had a look at your logs and see that you found a TB at the Zion Hills cache - It seems that nobody else has found that one since January.

I suggest you log it using the option 'grab from somewhere else' and that will bring the TB into your own inventory so it shows as being "in your hands".

Then go back to your log on the Zion Hills cache and underneath the log click 'Edit log'. This gives you your log on a separate page - Click 'Edit log' again...

Now you having the full log available for editing - underneath the Comment box you should see the your Trackables Inventory box with the TB listed there. Select the action 'Visit', then 'Submit Log Entry'.

Doing this will give the TB a quick visit to the cache to show that it was there, thus keeping its journey accurate. It will now be back in your inventory, all ready for its next move.

Wow, this worked perfectly. Thanks a lot! It's now in my inventory and I'll make sure to find it a nice temporary home.

For some reason I was thinking "Grab it from somewhere else" meant something different, but I see now. Thanks again for helping a newbie. :D

Edit: I a word there.

Edited by Pax Tecum

3. Write Note
  4. Discover it

Wow, this worked perfectly. Thanks a lot! It's now in my inventory and I'll make sure to find it a nice temporary home.

For some reason I was thinking "Grab it from somewhere else" meant something different, but I see now. Thanks again for helping a newbie. :D

You're welcome :)

Use the "grab it from" log with care... Sometimes you find a trackable in a cache and it still shows as being in the hands of another cacher. This may be because they haven't had time to do all their logs (perhaps they're on holiday in the area?). In such circumstances I think it's considerate to hold off your 'grabbing' from them for a few days to give them a chance to catch up. Of course, if you can tell from the cache logs that they logged the cache a couple of weeks back then you might do the 'grab' sooner as it may be they simply forgot to drop off the trackable at that time.

MrsB

3. Write Note
  4. Discover it

You're welcome :)

Use the "grab it from" log with care... Sometimes you find a trackable in a cache and it still shows as being in the hands of another cacher. This may be because they haven't had time to do all their logs (perhaps they're on holiday in the area?). In such circumstances I think it's considerate to hold off your 'grabbing' from them for a few days to give them a chance to catch up. Of course, if you can tell from the cache logs that they logged the cache a couple of weeks back then you might do the 'grab' sooner as it may be they simply forgot to drop off the trackable at that time.

MrsB

Ahhh, I understand. This information is very helpful. Should this occasion happen again, I will heed your advice. You are very kind, thanks for the extra information. Have a wonderful weekend!

-Craig

Thank you so much for responding. I attended a Friday the 13th event last night & someone there stepped me thru the process. Not only did I get the TB back, a new cache was published during our event so my recently grabbed back TB was placed in a brand new cache so I am confident it will move on quickly. Thanks for your willingness to help a Newbie.

Momma Nonna

Thank you so much for responding. I attended a Friday the 13th event last night & someone there stepped me thru the process. Not only did I get the TB back, a new cache was published during our event so my recently grabbed back TB was placed in a brand new cache so I am confident it will move on quickly. Thanks for your willingness to help a Newbie.

Momma Nonna

Is this the same tb that you're asking about in this other thread, in a different forum?

http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showtopic=293965

If it is, then you can click on the "report this post" button in your original post and ask a moderator to close the duplicate thread.

B.

Ms. B, Thank you for your reply earlier. I do not have Lana Joy's Lady Bug on my list of owned trackables. I'm not sure where you saw it, but when I query my Owned Trackables, Lana Joy's is not there. ???? Sorry for the long delay in answering. The responses above did not apply to my situation - at least I don't think so. Thanks for your further help. Momma Nonna

Ms. B, Thank you for your reply earlier. I do not have Lana Joy's Lady Bug on my list of owned trackables. I'm not sure where you saw it, but when I query my Owned Trackables, Lana Joy's is not there. ???? Sorry for the long delay in answering. The responses above did not apply to my situation - at least I don't think so. Thanks for your further help. Momma Nonna

Well... I can see it there! :D

I go to your public profile, click on the 'Trackables' tab.

On the right side under 'Trackables Owned', third down, there is a Cachekinz...

one *click* on it shows me

Lana Joy's Lady Bug (owned by Momma Nonna)

(Currently in the hands of THE NIGHTFINDERS)