Opinions requested!

The user name I'm posting under has been my girlfriend and I's joint account since we started caching. We live in Northern NJ and have found I believe 25 caches in the area. For the last week or so she's had to be up in CT with her mom for school and various reasons. She's been doing some solo caches up there and, obviously, I was not a part of them as I've been down in NJ.

Because of this we agreed it's probably best for me to get my own username (since I don't really want to see incorrect #s and logs on things I never visited).

My question is - once I start my own account, should I go back and re-sign all the logs we signed under this user name?? Or is it OK for me to go through and log each of them found. I was there, we signed the logs together, etc. What's the best course of action and what do you guys think? I'd feel terrible for a log to be deleted for this reason if they never saw my 'new' user name on the log.

Thanks

Tom

Just go back and re-log them online - with a note saying you signed the physical log with a team account and are now logging online with a personal account. Happens all the time.

It's a good idea to change the date of the new log to match the date of the original find.

Yes.

Make sure your log is for the date when you were actually there.

Why?

You could be posting a find on a cache that has since gone missing and has had seven DNFs. If you post a find after the DNFs, it could make it look as if the cache is actually OK...when it is not.

Just go back and re-log them online - with a note saying you signed the physical log with a team account and are now logging online with a personal account. Happens all the time.

It's a good idea to change the date of the new log to match the date of the original find.

Yes.

Why?

You could be posting a find on a cache that has since gone missing and has had seven DNFs. If you post a find after the DNFs, it could make it look as if the cache is actually OK...when it is not.

This was definitely my plan. When I get a free minute this weekend I'll be up and running with the new account and the (lesser) updated numbers :P

Yes.

Why?

This was definitely my plan. When I get a free minute this weekend I'll be up and running with the new account and the (lesser) updated numbers :P

It's also nice to know the correct dates, for future reference. I wasn't as accurate about getting the correct dates for some reason when I started caching, and now I regret it. The longer I've been caching, the more important it is for me to have these things be correct, because it's been so long I can't remember enough to fix them. :rolleyes:

I don't recall it but it had been discussed several times. Post a request and someone will point you to the discussion.

Can't re-call the name... :blink:

But it works on the MyFinds PQ and allows you to re-log with your new cacher name.

Ask on the GSAK forum, someone will know what it's called. :)

With Version 8 you don't need a macro, just flag the caches, use the API publish logs, fetch from a filter (of the flagged caches), adjust the date and publish them (you can set a templet that contains your 'relogging text'.

In response to a user request, I couldn't find the macro referenced above, so I've written one. The advantage compared to fetching caches from a filter, as suggested by The Jester, is that this macro will pull all of the old log information, including log date, time, type and text, from a GSAK database and allow you to use GSAK V8's (Geocaching.com's API) Publish Logs feature to easily re-log with the original date, time, etc. You can find the macro here.

Edited by Kai Team